cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uh Oh.....Dodge/Cummins Emissions Law Suit

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
It appears that they didn't fully divulge the real story on emmissions with the 6.7L diesel in 2007-2012 trucks

The case is Bledsoe v. FCA USA LLC, 16-cv-14024, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan (Detroit).

LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31
32 REPLIES 32

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
All 2017 Eco-Diesels are on hold as the Feds are up all manufactures backsides since the VW scam! Seems the EcoD is not passing some part of the new 2017 test. GM for some reason has been aloud to continue selling their GM baby diesel by listing it as a 2016 while they have their 2017 trucks tested. No word on Ford's 3.0 diesel but it is not due out until later next year.

Don

Don - I think you meant GM was "allowed" to continue selling their 2016 as it was already certified. The VINs would have a 2016 VIN, so it meets the certification.

Remember in 2014 that Ford built their 2014 trucks to the end of November, so they could discount them against the price of the new GM twins.

Smart business decisions.

My bad yep "allowed" not such a smart phone after all lol.

The point is GM is being allowed to sell their 2017 trucks as 2016 so why isn't Ram allowed to also? The 2016 Ecodiesel passed the old regs just fine, it is the new 2017 regs that ALL the manufactures are having issues with. Or has GM suspended manufacturing until they get the OK from the EPA? There is only one company selling 2017 diesels in the US right now (light vehicles) and that is Jaguar.

here is the autoweek story

You work for GM what are you hearing?

Here is what Autoweek said "GM is now awaiting approval for the 2017 Colorado and Canyon, sources at the company said. GM, which also has a Cruze diesel due next year, says it's still building 2016 diesel pickups."

Looks like they are skirting the rules a bit here to me, just saying.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

TexasChaps
Explorer
Explorer
Airstreamer67 wrote:
I see the attorney in Mississippi just dropped his case against Popeye's Chicken because he and his family were being criticized for his effort to right a great wrong.

It seems he, the attorney, had choked on a piece of fried chicken because he wasn't given a knife to cut it with. Without the needed knife, he, the attorney, was forced to rip the chicken off the bone with only his bare teeth! This caused some of the brutalized meat to lodge in this throat, and it required medical intervention to correct the problem.

He, the attorney, says that even though he dropped the suit in order to save him and his family, he hopes the chicken company learned its lesson and will begin supplying knives to eat its fried chicken with in the future.

Probably not. After all, McDonald's didn't seem to learn its lesson. It's still serving coffee hot, despite the lawsuit brought by the lady with the burned loins.

perhaps the attorney could learn to eat properly.. but that would be too simple.. easier to start a frivolous lawsuit.. these people.. sigh..

TexasChaps
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
It's going to be interesting what the new administration does when they get in office. :E

Interesting is a HUGE understatement. If they do away with the EPA then I'm deleting. 🙂

delete ??.. well my DPF fell off on it's own somehow... 😉

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2010 Dodge 2500 diesel. I just had to have the catalytic converter replaced at 74,000 miles. Luckily this was covered by the 80,000 mile power train warranty. Since I plan to own an this truck for a long time, I am hoping this isn't evidence of problems to come in the future!
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Greentreena wrote:
In sum, the emission system gives you crappy fuel mileage, shortens engine life and doesn't reduce emissions.... glad mine fell off years ago!

You obviously have never ran or been around a smog machine have you?

Crappy mileage? 20 MPG on the open hwy with 425+ HP on tap! That's crappy mileage? :R
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
It's going to be interesting what the new administration does when they get in office. :E

Interesting is a HUGE understatement. If they do away with the EPA then I'm deleting. 🙂

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Greentreena
Explorer
Explorer
In sum, the emission system gives you crappy fuel mileage, shortens engine life and doesn't reduce emissions.... glad mine fell off years ago!
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Mega Cab 4x4 SRW Laramie - Big & Black
Full delete, Torque Technolgies programmer, Sinister EGR delete
Hijacker Auto Slide/ P3
2006 Triple E Topaz 310RBXL
Wife, 2 kids (Murphy the dog - RIP friend)

Airstreamer67
Explorer
Explorer
I see the attorney in Mississippi just dropped his case against Popeye's Chicken because he and his family were being criticized for his effort to right a great wrong.

It seems he, the attorney, had choked on a piece of fried chicken because he wasn't given a knife to cut it with. Without the needed knife, he, the attorney, was forced to rip the chicken off the bone with only his bare teeth! This caused some of the brutalized meat to lodge in this throat, and it required medical intervention to correct the problem.

He, the attorney, says that even though he dropped the suit in order to save him and his family, he hopes the chicken company learned its lesson and will begin supplying knives to eat its fried chicken with in the future.

Probably not. After all, McDonald's didn't seem to learn its lesson. It's still serving coffee hot, despite the lawsuit brought by the lady with the burned loins.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
According to the EPA web site most of your emission system is only required to be covered by warranty for the first 2 years or 24,000 miles (light duty vehicles, <8500 GVWR).

The catalyst and the ECU are warrantied 8 years or 80,000 miles.

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
All 2017 Eco-Diesels are on hold as the Feds are up all manufactures backsides since the VW scam! Seems the EcoD is not passing some part of the new 2017 test. GM for some reason has been aloud to continue selling their GM baby diesel by listing it as a 2016 while they have their 2017 trucks tested. No word on Ford's 3.0 diesel but it is not due out until later next year.

Don

Don - I think you meant GM was "allowed" to continue selling their 2016 as it was already certified. The VINs would have a 2016 VIN, so it meets the certification.

Remember in 2014 that Ford built their 2014 trucks to the end of November, so they could discount them against the price of the new GM twins.

Smart business decisions.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer

Don

Absolutely idiotic behaviour all round.. Wait till they get to the particulates coming out of Petrol/ Gas engines. You will be using tandem bicycles to tow your 5th wheel.
Maybe a conference involving all manufacturers on suitable EPA restrictions rather than Pie in the Sky numbers,

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
otrfun wrote:
The lawsuit itself (700+ pages!) bases part of its argument on tests they conducted on several privately-owned, 2007-2012 Ram 2500's, some with as much as 70,000 miles on them.

At what point is a manufacturer released from liability on pollution controls?

Curious, as a whole, how every 70,000 mile vehicle in America would fare under the same test?

Haven't checked recently, but on gassers the emission warranty was for 100,000.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
The lawsuit itself (700+ pages!) bases part of its argument on tests they conducted on several privately-owned, 2007-2012 Ram 2500's, some with as much as 70,000 miles on them.

At what point is a manufacturer released from liability on pollution controls?

Curious, as a whole, how every 70,000 mile vehicle in America would fare under the same test?