cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Under-bed drawers

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever modified the storage space under the bed to install drawers? I don't seem to have much that I want to store there and I'm thinking I could put a false bottom in this compartment to give me some chest type storage at the top and some drawers at the bottom. If you have done this, would you share some details about how it worked out for you?
8 REPLIES 8

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
What about cutting openings and stuffing stuff in ? I hate it when my wife lifts that heavy bed , wakes me up most times !

searfoss
Explorer
Explorer
Yup
Step by step here.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26020640.cfm
Poconos Pennsylvania
2016 Kodiak 286 BHSL
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear

RIP Mike, we miss you so much

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to also but the bed hangs out past the platform too far so when you open the drawers 1/2 the drawer would be covered by the mattress. For now it's easier to just lift the bed and squat down and get stuff. Bed hinges near the front and has gas struts so it lifts real easy. Stays up by it's self also.

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
I installed two doors on the front of the bed so we can store water, paper products and such there and get to it without lifting the bed. Generally had to chase the Beagle off the bed to lift it. Did the same thing on the dinette seats.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

pointbrze
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking of doing the under the bed drawers, however, there's not enough room to pull the drawers out in my bedroom. I'd like to use the space under the bed, but it's too heavy for me to lift. I should look into installing some kind of lift-assist.
Me - Cindy
Sonny (Toy Poodle)
CoCo (LhasaPoo)

2010 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2501SS
2007 Tundra V8, 5.7L, P2 brake controller

relliott75
Explorer
Explorer
We bought ours with drawers, they were horrible. They took up way too much space, and (99% of the time) if you lift the bed to get at the storage underneath the bed stays made anyway. I just pulled the drawers and frames out, and replaced the siding so it looks like it did from the factory.
2007 Jayco 29FBS / GVWR 8800
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 CTD MEGACab 4x4 Laramie
Kansas City, Kansas
DW, 2 Kids & 100 pound GSD!

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
ADK Camper wrote:
Has anyone ever modified the storage space under the bed to install drawers? I don't seem to have much that I want to store there and I'm thinking I could put a false bottom in this compartment to give me some chest type storage at the top and some drawers at the bottom. If you have done this, would you share some details about how it worked out for you?

yup, one of the best things we did. two drawers, about 1/2the height of the storage area, and 3/4 the depth. With a cover over the drawer area. Leaves storage area on top and a full depth area at the back.

here is a link to some pictures

under bed drawers
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
On our old TT, we had drawers. They were pretty useless. They used up a lot of usable room and left lots of dead space. I wouuld rather lift the bed to get what I want and be able to store lots of rarely used items.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW