cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wanting to spend some money

VTR
Explorer
Explorer
I have some money burning a hole in my pocket. Looking for items to make our TT camping as enjoyable as possible. I have a 2000 generator, flip jack, new King Jack, various Jacks for road trouble, new shower surround bar, etc. Thought about a Little Buddy Heater till I read it might shut off at 7000 feet or above. Outside speakers would be nice, rather have a blue tooth stereo for that. Maybe a new stereo. Have little converter for TV etc. I always like to spend some money on items this time of year for the up coming camping season, which can not come quick enough. Any ideas from anyone. Solar for a 16ft seems a little overkill, maybe just for the battery. Gee, do I have everything, takes all the fun out of it!
27 REPLIES 27

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we had our TT, the #1 item that served us the best was an electric tongue jack...#2 was a Sherline tongue scale...#3 was a TPMS...#4 was getting rid of the Goodyear Marathons and replacing them with Maxxis.....#5 was selling the Dual Cam on eBay and buying a hensley arrow.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

blackeyed1
Explorer
Explorer
Send me $500 a month and I'll be your financial planner.

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
Small electric heater
Surge protector
Tire pressure monitoring system
Tongue scale
FanTastic Vent (or other powered vent)
Wireless back-up camera

We have the heater, the FanTastics vent & the tongue scale. Surge protector is next. The rest will wait until I have money burning a hole in MY pocket..........

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
buy one of the propane heaters that vent threw the wall ,then your safe warm and no furnace noise.

DC8Captain
Explorer
Explorer
dave17352 wrote:
Heck just buy a new trailer and start over

ha ha ha - I think about that every day. My TT is only two years old. Unfortunately $$ says I can only think about it.

Dale
Deb & Dale
2016 JayFlight 27BHS
2009 Silverado 2500 HD Crewcab
Colorado

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I'd lean toward solar and maybe an additional battery/batteries that will let you run the house furnace with digitally controlled heat. Consistent heat, no window cracking, temp guessing, or window fogging.

Then again, some smaller rigs have the furnace too close too the bed so it's too noisy. In that case I'd look at the Wave far sooner than a buddy.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Most of us spend time thinking about how to not spend money. :E

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Add a Solar charging system ???
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
Did not see a tire pressure monitoring system on your list. Also a really good portable 12 volt air compressor like a Viair 400?? The list could be just starting!!!!!

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
How about a set of walkie-talkies like people use on boats. Those walkie-talkies have a range of 2 - 5 miles across the water. Could come in handy to communicate with base camp while you're out exploring the wilds of North America, and you don't have cell phone connection. Also great for help you back into a camp site when you need a spotter!

x2.

We originally bought them for backing into a campsite, but also use them other times while camping. I go out fishing in our portabote a lot when camping andsometimes my wife doesn't want to go. With the walkie talkies we can stay in touch and she can call me back in when I've been out too long!

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Want to spend some money....re-decorate your bedroom. This is what we did when we had a pop-up.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
How about a set of walkie-talkies like people use on boats. Those walkie-talkies have a range of 2 - 5 miles across the water. Could come in handy to communicate with base camp while you're out exploring the wilds of North America, and you don't have cell phone connection. Also great for help you back into a camp site when you need a spotter!

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Heck just buy a new trailer and start over
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!