cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Controls in Shower

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Forest River Flagstaff Ultra Lite (Right 7500 lbs) that has the shower water valve which I think is incorrect as is backwards like righty tighty lefty loosey which is backwards on the cold side. In other words clockwise on the cold OPENS the valve while counterclockwise closes it. Dealer says it's correct when I questioned him about it. Never head of this before. Any others? Hot side is correct.
charles weidman
16 REPLIES 16

l001952119
Explorer
Explorer
Turbo Diesel Dude wrote:
I have a 2013 Forest River Flagstaff Ultra Lite (Right 7500 lbs) that has the shower water valve which I think is incorrect as is backwards like righty tighty lefty loosey which is backwards on the cold side. In other words clockwise on the cold OPENS the valve while counterclockwise closes it. Dealer says it's correct when I questioned him about it. Never head of this before. Any others? Hot side is correct.
It is correct. On RV's, shower valves can be designed to open either direction. Check the website of Phoenix valves and it is clearly stated.

Hokiehall
Explorer
Explorer
Turbo Diesel Dude wrote:

We have had two Flagstaffs (current one is an 831 FLSS)and this is the way they set it up. Doesn't make sense but that is the way they build them. Even my dealer said it was screwy but everyone of them is the same way. Just takes a little getting used to.

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
They use the same basic fixture for tubs and showers. But in showers the entire fixture is mounted upside down. This is likely a cost savings move.

If it bugs you a lot, then the only thing to do is change it.

Clockwise is clockwise, no matter which way you flip it.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

bguy
Explorer
Explorer
I disassembled mine and changed it. In the shower/bathtub and the lavatory faucet. IIRC you can rotate the cartridge 180deg but you also have to change the metal plate on the bottom with 2 holes in it.

**Attempt at your own risk**
---------------------------------------
2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 3.55, HEMI
2009 TL-32BHS Trail-Lite by R-Vision

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
They use the same basic fixture for tubs and showers. But in showers the entire fixture is mounted upside down. This is likely a cost savings move.

I have a tub and it's still wrong

Interesting. My 2001 had a tub, and it was right. My 2010 has what appears to be the same fixture and it is wrong. So much for that theory.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:

I have a tub and it's still wrong
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
nomad297 wrote:
Turbo Diesel Dude wrote:

What you describe is correct for lever and cross handles. For round handles, they both should turn clockwise to turn off. Do you have lever or cross handles?

Bruce

NO, like many of us have said we have a goofy setup
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Our FR Sandpiper is the same way. Yes it is annoying as I've turned the knob the wrong way and wow does the water hey hot fast. Oh well, not much we can do besides swap them out.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
Turbo Diesel Dude wrote:

What you describe is correct for lever and cross handles. For round handles, they both should turn clockwise to turn off. Do you have lever or cross handles?

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Our FR is the same, don't know why it is different / backwards! Don't listen to the old grumps replies on your post......lol.....
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Turbo Diesel Dude wrote:

Ours is the same way, i'm still not used to it. I dunno why they cant make them the same as residential faucets. I guess we have low end ones
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Does it turn ON....cold water flows?
Does it turn OFF....cold water flow stops?

Then it works as manufactured.......turn 'outwards' for ON; turn 'inwards' for OFF
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Glendale_290
Explorer
Explorer
Our Solaire by Palomino a division of FR does the same as yours. I believe they use the same faucet supplier for most of their tub / shower units..... Our previous unit a Shamrock another FR trailer was the same too. We are used to it and seems second nature now.....

Lou
2013 Sol Aire Eclipse 269 BHDSK Trailer by Palomino . Tows like a dream with our 2016 F250 6.2L gas Crew Cab & parks extremely well in our short driveway with our Park-it 360XL electric trailer dolly[/]

Have a great 2016 Camping Season!