cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We made it took delivery and at first camp site!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Took delivery of our new Outback Wednesday, reloaded all our "stuff" Wednesday and Thursday. Loaded up the truck with all the "other stuff" and had a very comfortable, safe, and lovely ride from home to Charlestown State Park near Louisville,KY, on the Indiana side of the Ohio River.

Here's the problems we encountered!

The people at the RV dealership persuaded us to purchase one of those $320 surge protectors. We also purchased a bunch of other new stuff too. I do see the value of the surge protector, but here's the problem we had.

When we got to our campsite, I hooked up the surge protector and got everything hooked up in the camper and within minutes the breaker on the pole blew. Then it blew again, and again, and again. I reported it to the people at the campground entrance station. Meanwhile, the temps inside the coach was over 100 degrees! We were dieing!

So, here's the perfect reason for carrying a bazillion feet of extension cord. I plugged into the neighbor pole. They had not come yet. Surge protector, pole, everything worked perfect. No problem.

Got the coach cooled down, and about 2 hours later someone came around and replace the breaker at the pole. Attached the surge protector, and all is happy and well!

So,got the coach nice and cool now (It's awful hot ... still ... even at 9:15 pm! So tried to hook up the satellite dish (Dish TV). We'll, I guess I'm a little rusty of this again, it has been a few weeks since I set it up last. And everything was positioned from our last trip to Iowa. But... after a while, it finally worked!

So, life IS good! Brand new camper! Maiden voyage. Wonderful ride here, no problems... Momma's happy (she's got her Dish TV now), the dog have accepted the camper as theirs now, and the 2 cats finally came out of hiding, sleeping in the chairs under the kitchen table... LIFE IS GOOD!

Happy Labor Day weekend!
13 REPLIES 13

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats and I'm glad you had fun and no real big issues with the new TT.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

IndyCamp
Explorer
Explorer
Another Hoosier here who loves our state parks.

First trip of the season is coming up in two weeks to Brown County SP.

We also had trouble with breakers tripping on the pole at Charlestown SP. That was last Labor Day weekend, so shortly after the OP was there. It was hot as hell and the AC struggled to keep up. Nice park, though, and we will be back.

Clifty Falls is our favorite in that area.

Maybe we should have a Hoosier RV.Net meetup sometime!
2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
2014 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
pk1023 wrote:
Congrats on the new trailer!

Man what a weekend to start! ๐Ÿ™‚ It's finally been hot here in Indiana, yesterday was just brutal.

Charlestown is my backyard! I grew up in Floyds Knobs, it's God's country to me. All of us from high school COULDN'T WAIT to get out, but now we all go back and just are amazed at the land and it's beauty.

I have 2 little boys 6 and 8, our goal with our TT is get a picture of them in front of EVERY state park/rec area in Indiana before they're grown!

Hello fellow Hoosier! We also love the Indiana state parks. I just wish more of them had water or better yet full hookups. We try to visit a new state park every year and are well on our way to seeing them all.
2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

readytow
Explorer
Explorer
And the nice thing about your new trailer and trip, is the problem was not in the trailer. Enjoy your new rig!

pk1023
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new trailer!

Man what a weekend to start! ๐Ÿ™‚ It's finally been hot here in Indiana, yesterday was just brutal.

Charlestown is my backyard! I grew up in Floyds Knobs, it's God's country to me. All of us from high school COULDN'T WAIT to get out, but now we all go back and just are amazed at the land and it's beauty.

I have 2 little boys 6 and 8, our goal with our TT is get a picture of them in front of EVERY state park/rec area in Indiana before they're grown!

bobfears
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Took delivery of our new Outback Wednesday, reloaded all our "stuff" Wednesday and Thursday. Loaded up the truck with all the "other stuff" and had a very comfortable, safe, and lovely ride from home to Charlestown State Park near Louisville,KY, on the Indiana side of the Ohio River.

Here's the problems we encountered!

The people at the RV dealership persuaded us to purchase one of those $320 surge protectors. We also purchased a bunch of other new stuff too. I do see the value of the surge protector, but here's the problem we had.

When we got to our campsite, I hooked up the surge protector and got everything hooked up in the camper and within minutes the breaker on the pole blew. Then it blew again, and again, and again. I reported it to the people at the campground entrance station. Meanwhile, the temps inside the coach was over 100 degrees! We were dieing!

So, here's the perfect reason for carrying a bazillion feet of extension cord. I plugged into the neighbor pole. They had not come yet. Surge protector, pole, everything worked perfect. No problem.

Got the coach cooled down, and about 2 hours later someone came around and replace the breaker at the pole. Attached the surge protector, and all is happy and well!

So,got the coach nice and cool now (It's awful hot ... still ... even at 9:15 pm! So tried to hook up the satellite dish (Dish TV). We'll, I guess I'm a little rusty of this again, it has been a few weeks since I set it up last. And everything was positioned from our last trip to Iowa. But... after a while, it finally worked!

So, life IS good! Brand new camper! Maiden voyage. Wonderful ride here, no problems... Momma's happy (she's got her Dish TV now), the dog have accepted the camper as theirs now, and the 2 cats finally came out of hiding, sleeping in the chairs under the kitchen table... LIFE IS GOOD!

Happy Labor Day weekend!
Congrats.. Charlestown is a great park, we go there ever couple of weeks although not on holidays. Hope to see you there.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, congrats on the new rig, Dutchmen! Enjoy!
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy, back here at home it's rained. Just started north of Anderson but I think some moved south earlier. You should have done a video on how to bake a cake without an oven before you got the AC going.

Whistlebritches, He hasn't had time to wash off the first bugs. What are them bugs doing working out anyway?
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! Not too bad except for the weather.

whistlebritches
Explorer
Explorer
First time bugs worked out. Awesome. Enjoy.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
What? No picture?
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

drillking
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new RV!
Sheridan & Barb
2014 Lifestyle LS37CKSL
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7 DRW
"On our way to the Gloryland with scenic stops along the way"!

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new Outback. Enjoy!