cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did you do to your Camper Today?

NVR2L82AV8
Explorer
Explorer
After a good washing yesterday I got up early (while the camper is in the shade and the temp has not exceeded 100--yet) to put a good coat of Meguiar's Marine/RV one step Cleaner Wax on. I'm a huge fan of Aerospace 303 and use that in-between full waxes. I think it has made a huge difference in keeping the gel coat shiny.

Here's a pic of my nose cap half waxed and half not waxed. Where its parked during non-use the Nose Cap and roof gets the most sunlight.

I was pleased with the contamination that came off the gel coat. I still have some strong bug marks but overall it looks great - all finished and polished! The decals are showing their age! In the heat of the hot summers I get small ripples at the top of the cap. Anyone seen that before?

2013 AF 990
2003 F350 6.0L 4X4 DRW, Oil bypass filter, Coolant Filter, Blue Spring fuel pressure mod, DELO ELC, DashBoss Bluetooth engine monitor, EGT/FP gauge, SuperSprings, torklift hitch/tiedowns, 48" SuperTruss, fastguns, Kenwood CMOS Backup Camera.
336 REPLIES 336

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bought a Trojan j185h-ac Deep Cycle for the second battery box to give it a grand total onboard capacity of 450ah between the two battery banks.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

650cent
Explorer
Explorer
This one is a little more compact. Not sure on the power requirements but it does say DC in, just not sure on the voltage. If it's 12 volt DC than you can do away with the ac/dc adapter. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q8PJGGM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B09Q8PJGGM&pd_rd_w=bM0CU&pf_rd_p=0c758152-61cd-452f-97a6-17f070f654b8&pd_rd_wg=DDOAF&pf_rd_r=S0J1KTB9M2K9G5QW6701&pd_rd_r=d2018df4-d0f5-44ae-8265-5aba08b69cc2&s=aht&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzUUQ3NVBFUjhBWEswJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDE5NzExMjhKR1c1Mk9NRDVSVCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDk3NTQySTZUMlBYU0U0Qk45JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==#customerReviews

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
moonlitsouls wrote:
jaycocreek wrote:
I don't really mind the smaller tv screen camping but the tinny sound drives me nuts..Like the built in radio with built in speakers versus the hand held battery operated radio sound....The larger 24" tv sounds a lot better..

I bought this little soundbar to help with the sound , i connect mine to my firestick through bluetooth and the sound is great for the cost and the size

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DL4J6NZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it does need 110v power but thats not a problem for me , it only pulls like 1 amp

Thank you...I didn't know you could do that and I have a firestick in the TC..

Thanks
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

moonlitsouls
Explorer
Explorer
jaycocreek wrote:
I don't really mind the smaller tv screen camping but the tinny sound drives me nuts..Like the built in radio with built in speakers versus the hand held battery operated radio sound....The larger 24" tv sounds a lot better..

I bought this little soundbar to help with the sound , i connect mine to my firestick through bluetooth and the sound is great for the cost and the size

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DL4J6NZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it does need 110v power but thats not a problem for me , it only pulls like 1 amp

Seminoe_Joe
Explorer II
Explorer II
Loaded it onto the truck and started packing up. I leave Monday for the first trip of the year to Utah and Wyoming.
“It’s all in the reflexes.”
2012 Lance 850
2023 Chevy 3500 HD

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Added a toaster oven for the first time ever in a TC..Never bothered taking one because they require a generator to use but for quick stops traveling or fishing,this only uses 563 watts which will easily run off a power station or inverter...Makes the wife happy..LOL

Lance 9.6
500ah Lifep04

Seminoe_Joe
Explorer II
Explorer II
Installed a new carburetor into my Honda generator and got it running again and also replaced the escape hatch cover over the bed. The old one got ripped off in a monster wind storm outside of Rawlins, Wyoming last fall. Hearing up for a trip to Utah next week and want to make sure all is smooth!
“It’s all in the reflexes.”
2012 Lance 850
2023 Chevy 3500 HD

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I installed a TPMS on my truck and TT. All 6 tires are now talking to me as I drive down the road. I have not had tire problems with my TT's but I had several blowouts with the pop-up that we had before TT's. Minimal damage from those blowouts but last time my wife and I were in Utah, we stopped to help a woman in distress along the the I with major damage to her A-Liner. The tire took out the wheel well, her electric brake wires, all of the electronics mounted inside the cabinet above the wheel well, and more.

We also are packing for a month long trip to Utah, Arizona and anywhere else we decide to see.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
If it has a standard 3.5mm audio out jack buy a small, external speaker and a cable. You'll be much happier with the sound. Anker makes a decent, rechargable little speaker.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Lance 9.6
500ah Lifep04

Bedlam
Careful with up sizing TV's. We had a 22" in the Arctic Fox and thought that was a reasonable size. Now we have a 32" and 40" in the Host and would have a hard time going back to smaller screen. We do have a smaller external 24" TV, but really only use that in the evening when outside weather is warmer.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Trying out a TV from my old motorhome in the TC for a better picture and especially sound over my mounted 19" AC/DC walmart special..Terrible sound quality..24" Vizio is like a big screen in there..LOL

Lance 9.6
500ah Lifep04

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
Took the cover off yesterday the washed it ready for waxing. Next step will be to de-winterize it then ready for springtime camping.
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Winterized it again
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Finished gluing in the last pieces for the core frame of the new bathroom door to the maple plywood skin on the outside and will be tracing and cutting the thinner wood paneling that will go on the inside (It will be getting a sheet of FRP glued over that, ergo why thinner wood is being used first).
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL