cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Did You Do To Your Travel Trailer Today?

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Love seeing the list of stuff people do to their TT's.

Today I replaced a bunch of locks from the old oem CH751 to the coke machine type locks.
Also replaced the power converter, fan was dead and the power was dirty/noisy.
106 REPLIES 106

iv_nurse
Explorer
Explorer
Send them over to my place to pour another slab. Please....

bradnailer
Explorer
Explorer
The end of this week, I am having a slab poured to park my trailer on. Pretty excited about that.
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS
Prior: Jayco Pop Up, Shasta Bunkhouse, Rockwood Pop Up

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Bought 3 cute little wine design plastic snack trays at Tuesday Morning for $1.99 ea. Ordered the Oxygenics Shower Spa for DHs birthday next week - he is absolutely crazy about our new garden shower, but find the regular OEM shower head uses a lot of water = trips to the dump station with the blue tote.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
A work in progress:
Mods

No pics yet, but I also:
Added an on-off switch for the radio (no parasitic draw.)
Made a 12V adapter for the tv (to play a DVD when dry camping w/o an inverter.)
Added another 12V outlet for the add-on XM radio.
Swapped the over-bed cabinet doors side to side so the hinges are towards the center of the bed. Makes for easier access when standing beside the bed.
Made a cover for the slide and awning switches. Keeps a 2-year old from playing with them. Out of sight, out of mind.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

KevSchofield
Explorer
Explorer
I added a simple on/off switch to the radio 12v supply line so it won't draw power from the battery while dry camping.
We don't listen to it that often and now I can turn the feed on or off.
(Even when it was off, it had a voltage draw for the display / clock)

Re-caulked the shower stall to tub seams and cleaned the bathroom overhead vent (3 little inactive bees nests in there I wanted out)

Cleaned up the ground to the battery, put a larger battery box on the frame and instaleed a new size 29 battery instead of the size 25 that was on there.
I used WalMarts biggest Maxx RV/Marine battery.. it was $99 and comes with a 2 year, non prorated replacement warranty.

Bought 2 new water hoses, 10' each, so I can expand to 20' if needed.

Bought a new sewer hose holder.. one of those accordion sloped things.
Kev in NH
'07 Jayco Eagle 325BHS w/ the big bunks
'02 Ford F350 V10 w/ Reese 16K slider

iv_nurse
Explorer
Explorer
Daughter getting married in three weeks, so it's been converted to a sewing room. Going camping the day after the wedding, then I guess (sigh) I'll start to winterize.

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Ran wiring in the garage from the breaker box, through the attic of the garage, and down the opposite wall so I can have a 30 amp (real) RV electric connection....
I ran 30 amp service out to my back yard a few years ago when we had a popup. It is really nice now that we have a TT. You're going to love it!

Robby9
Explorer
Explorer
Picked it up from the dealer today. I had the 13.5btu AC swapped for a 15k btu unit.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Ran wiring in the garage from the breaker box, through the attic of the garage, and down the opposite wall so I can have a 30 amp (real) RV electric connection.

Tomorrow I will attach the RV box to the outside wall of the garage, and Wednesday will put the garage back together (put the paneling back on the walls) and then put the garage back in order.

Thursday an electrictriion will come and attach the wires in the breaker box and I'll "be live".

I've had my campers plugged into a 20 amp service for years, but with the new Outback, we REALLY want to use it camper full functionality! So, we're finally doing it!

linchat
Explorer
Explorer
Washed & UV Coated Roof and washed / waxed. The post summer love me up.

linchat
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:
Waxed half of it. Will wax the other half tomorrow!

I waxed bottom half and decided to wait from next trip to do top half. ๐Ÿ™‚

301TBS
Explorer
Explorer
I put in an electric fireplace, should be nice for fall camping.
2019 Springdale 240BH
2009 F150 Scab 4x4, 4.6, 3v. 6spd. 3.73/9.75
Reese dual cam

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Waxed half of it. Will wax the other half tomorrow!
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

notruffinit
Explorer
Explorer
I took a tire off and had a hole repaired. But I have a 5er.
'11 Ram 3500 Cummins
'12 Cameo 34SB3

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a set of chocks, a spare tire cover and paid the bill for having the wheel bearings repacked and have the brakes checked and clean, which btw were a-ok. New tires next Monday and pick up a few other odds and ends and we're off for our first shake-down! Yahoo!!!!
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon