cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the oringinal RV.net from 10 years ago?

OldRacer
Explorer
Explorer
So i have to ask.

Originally joined RV.net back in 2003. Got out of RV'ing for quite some time, and just purchased another one recently. So come back here and see the URL is the same, but looks like Camping World/Good Sams Club must have purchased the domain and turned it into "this".

Not complaining, but A) when did this happen and B) Did many of the original RV.net members start another RV website? I'm just curious more than anything else.

Also seems like CW has issues with their server.
42 REPLIES 42

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm laying bet that OP doesn't stick around long.

Language and apparently thin-skinned

Not seeing a long term involvement
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

OldRacer
Explorer
Explorer
scbwr wrote:
Hey...it's a free service. If someone can benefit from it or enjoy trying to help others or get a little advice, then you join and stay connected. If you have a problem with the forum or the moderators, just don't bother. And, I don't mean this to sound antagonistic or snotty. It's just a fact of the internet world and forums, blogs, etc. I've participated in a few photograpy forums and one in particular is so dominated by gearheads and pixel peepers that I choose not to be active on that forum.
i couldn't agree with you more. :C

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey...it's a free service. If someone can benefit from it or enjoy trying to help others or get a little advice, then you join and stay connected. If you have a problem with the forum or the moderators, just don't bother. And, I don't mean this to sound antagonistic or snotty. It's just a fact of the internet world and forums, blogs, etc. I've participated in a few photograpy forums and one in particular is so dominated by gearheads and pixel peepers that I choose not to be active on that forum.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
Did I ever tell about the time I rode a stick horse to New York? I was just as tired if I'd walked the whole way!
Times fun when you're having flies!

OldRacer
Explorer
Explorer
pulsar wrote:

Do I detect that your original query was under false pretenses?

Tom

What would make you think that? Like i said, ive had either an RV or trailer (which i turned into an RV) for the last 13 years or so. I just didnt go to "campgrounds and do the RV thing" while i was racing motorcycles.

False pretenses? why dont you explain just what you mean by that question? Im curious.

Sounds to me like you're trying to make this something its not.

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
Original post
OldRacer wrote:
Got out of RV'ing for quite some time, and just purchased another one recently

Then
OldRacer wrote:
Mr. Camper wrote:
Moderated to near extinction. Not all of them just enough to make a difference.
HAHA! yea, i remember the moderators back in the day were like mini-nazi's. Just one of the reasons i left. Ive not been without an RV or camper/trailer since 2002, just got tired of the BS that was on here back then.

I came back because i wanted to see some of the "tricks/mods" folks were doing to their travel trailers these days. Still quite a bit of good info here.

Do I detect that your original query was under false pretenses?

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

OldRacer
Explorer
Explorer
Steeljag wrote:
They was Internet 10 years ago ?
yes, *there* certainly was. 🙂 Hell, i remember it when it was dial up and AOL was the only way to get "on-line"

OldRacer
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:
OldRacer wrote:
You must have a poor memory because ten years ago the servers were far worse.
LoL well, i AM 54, been racing bikes since 2000, have had quite a few "bounces across the racetrack", so yea, i never claimed to have a good memory. 😉

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
They was Internet 10 years ago ?
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've been on here since October 2006 and yes the website branding has changed. Just in case everyone has forgotten, remember when we use to be able to purchase these off RV.net (when it was still RV.net - OpenRoads??? By the way, this is not a "bootleg" item, it's a true blue RV.net original when they still had a contract with a little company in Indiana that did the embroidery on the polo style shirts and hats. I have 2 of these, both original, one very well used, and the other I've never put on, still brand new, but several years old now!

Remember when?

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
I have been here since 02 and nothing much has changed. You have the Good Sam logo and links for the last 4 or so years. I blocked the Good Sam forums so I see the ones I have always had. Always came here through rv.net but the funny thing was, if I did get hear through Woodalls or something, I would have needed a different log in so we have always kept it with rv.net.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

lostbytes
Explorer
Explorer
I would say a possible slow gradual change. I was lostmarbles back then and Admin Mike was running things. When he left, it kinda went south and so did I at that point. Signs of the times, I guess.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
OldRacer wrote:
You must have a poor memory because ten years ago the servers were far worse.

OldRacer
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Camper wrote:
HAHA! yea, i remember the moderators back in the day were like mini-nazi's. Just one of the reasons i left. Ive not been without an RV or camper/trailer since 2002, just got tired of the BS that was on here back then.

I came back because i wanted to see some of the "tricks/mods" folks were doing to their travel trailers these days. Still quite a bit of good info here.

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance