cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What size carport cover do you have?

38_chevy_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Im thinking about getting one of the metal carports installed for our TT. How wide did you get when you had yours installed? Im thinking of going with a 36x14. Our TT is 31' 35' over all with tongue it has two slides on the same side.
17 REPLIES 17

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
hawkeye-08 wrote:
We planning a 24x50, maybe 28x56. It will fit on the end of our house. I want to be able to park my pickup with it (hooked up or not). On the house side, we are planning a narrow deck along the end of the house so we can load/unload easily. We already have 30A power connection there.

If I only wanted to cover just the TT, I would go alittle longer than the trailer and wide enough for doors to open and slide to be out.

I would have done the full length to fit truck and trailer hooked up - however, the lay of the land would have caused me to have to move a WHOLE bunch of dirt to make that happen. As it was, I had to cut down 3' in one corner for my 20x40 to fit.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

gheicher
Explorer
Explorer
18' X 21' X 8' carports.com Installed sides myself with material from local metal roofing/siding shop.

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to have one, but the TT has to be parked only about 3' from our side property line, between my storage building and the line. We would not be able to get a permit approved.

If I have known 10 years ago that we would eventually have a TT, I would have built my 12x12 storage building several feet further away from the line. I embedded 8' cinder blocks into concrete footings, and the floor framing of the building is bolted to the blocks. Moving it would be quite a chore.

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
We planning a 24x50, maybe 28x56. It will fit on the end of our house. I want to be able to park my pickup with it (hooked up or not). On the house side, we are planning a narrow deck along the end of the house so we can load/unload easily. We already have 30A power connection there.

If I only wanted to cover just the TT, I would go alittle longer than the trailer and wide enough for doors to open and slide to be out.

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
My TT is 28' long with a slide making it 11' wide with slide out. My carport is 30x18' with 12' legs. It is on a 32x20' concrete pad. The extra width gives room for the extended steps and a couple of chairs. I wish it was a couple of feet longer. If you are going to put out the money for a carport don't scrimp on the size to save a few bucks. Just my opinion.
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
My father uses a pole barn. 12h 24w door. 50ft depth and side covered pad. My htt lives on the side pad during the winter
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine is 0' by 0'....

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
20x40. 12' legs. Big enough for a fifth wheel should we ever get one.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
Learned from mistakes of the past, I would go with the largest one that will fit your budget.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
My carport was installed for my PUP. It is only 20 ft. long and would have to be raised up on cement piers to clear the TT.

I may do it because it would provide some protection from the sun and weather.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
18x40
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Our original plans grew. Started out thinking just about our HTT. Then realized my little convertible needed to be undercover. What with one thing and another ours is 20 x 36. The dealer strongly suggested we make sure to have enough height to allow for upgrades. We have our slide out most of the time, so I would account for that and then add several feet in width. When we moved to the TT, the slide is deeper than in our HTT and we had to shift considerably to be able to open it. Getting my car in now is a bit like using a shoehorn, but it works. The cost for a few feet extra is not terribly significant....adding or redoing is more costly. Try to do it the first time.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Mr__C
Explorer
Explorer
18x36x10. The price for an 18' wide basic carport was only $100 more than the 12'. It was a no brainer to go wider...

2020 Keystone Cougar 26RBS "Pressure Relief 4"
2017 Silverado LTZ 6.2 4x4

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99
USS Miller DE-1091

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Knowledge is good". Emil Faber

BulldawgFan
Explorer
Explorer
I went 18 wide. Its what I would recommend. My regret is height. I went with 11 ft legs. I would go at least 12 should you ever upgrade to a 5th wheel.
2018 Forest River FR3 30DS
2011 GMC Terrain (Toad #1)
1993 Jeep YJ (Toad #2)
1993 EZGO Marathon 48v