cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the 2020 Ford Super Duty show up?

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Truthfully, I’m curious about what the ultimate TC hauler will cost. I’d like to build one just for fun.

You know what I mean by ultimate: a Crew Cab, 2WD, 7.3 Gasoline, and DRW.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member
32 REPLIES 32

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ford didn't do King Ranch with Supercab.
Crew cab is overdoing.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
Oregun wrote:
Are you talking F350 or F450?
I would also add King Ranch to the package.

I don’t know. Which one is the ultimate? 😄

F450, 7.3, King Ranch. :B

Platinum is just overdoing it. :W

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oregun wrote:

I don’t know. Which one is the ultimate? 😄

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
jimh425 wrote:
Truthfully, I’m curious about what the ultimate TC hauler will cost. I’d like to build one just for fun.

You know what I mean by ultimate: a Crew Cab, 2WD, 7.3 Gasoline, and DRW.

Bedlam
SoonDockin wrote:
If I was going to replace my F450 I would get a gas F350 for the added payload. Diesel is great power but I hate dealing with filling it. Not wanting to start a gas vs diesel argument here. Just my personal preference.

Maybe on paper the payload is different, but the rear axle weighs about the same regardless of engine choice and that is where your camper will sit. The weight of the engine would not be part of my criteria for choosing a camper carrying truck.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
Let us know when your crystal ball is 100%, or maybe you’ll be too busy enjoying spending your market speculation spoils. 😄

Ok.
"Now the Subaru with the “coexist” sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi that’s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah I’ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sure, the sky is falling. Could be everyone who wants an RV already has one. Let us know when your crystal ball is 100%, or maybe you’ll be too busy enjoying spending your market speculation spoils. 😄

Back to the thread, there isn’t a guarantee when new models come out. Sounds like, nobody knows when they will show up on Build a Vehicle on the Ford site or dealers.

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Something has to be going on with economy as I am trying to get info on 2020 Sprinter vans and dealers still have no clue what is going to be offered.

Dealers usually have no clue what is offered after a vehicle has been in production for 3 years or longer :B

The economy? It's called a recession and it started over a year ago. It's all being swept under the rug as it's too close to the 2020 election cycle, and no matter what happens as far as what party wins, loses, or gains, right after those elections are over the rug will be removed.

Just look at the downturn in RV sales, boats, and other recreational big ticket items. The RV downturn started a year ago last June. We never went more than 10 years without a recession, and it's been going on 11. History repeats itself.

Here's another tell tale sign of what I am seeing around our area. Its all interconnected.

LINK

Bend over and grab your ankles. We're on borrowed time. The sky is falling LOL 😉
"Now the Subaru with the “coexist” sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi that’s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah I’ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Something has to be going on with economy as I am trying to get info on 2020 Sprinter vans and dealers still have no clue what is going to be offered.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Based on all the interest in the new 7.3, I'd say Ford's marketing team has done their job quite well.

If you have plans to own one of the first 2020 7.3's, prepare to pony-up MSRP (or more) for the honor.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
For some reason, the 2020 HD are coming out slow. My gut tells me they don't want to rush the 7.3L and 10 speed combination. These will become "killer" sales leaders for HD pickups, Class C and Class A.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad III
Nomad III
The Seattle auto show is in a week or so. See the new trucks then, if I go.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:
I bet an 80K MSRP. Winder how much of an increase Fords will tack in to cover the new UAW contract.

Have seen Superduties with $120k stickers in the past, so wonder how it will play.
We do have big inflation lately and household items, plants, vegetables seem go up 20% since a year ago.
On other hand technology is getting cheaper and cheaper and when I was comparing options, GPS who cost $1100 in 2016 went down to $700 in 2017 with added voice recognition.
Either way, truck sales are good point to show strong or weak economy.
Coming to engine choice, I just bought Sprinter van. The biggest body available is like 2-3 times size of my dually, yet diesel engine delivers 22 mpg easy. Sure it is not 440HP and has minimal tow rating, but did all the freeway grades just fine.

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I was going to replace my F450 I would get a gas F350 for the added payload. Diesel is great power but I hate dealing with filling it. Not wanting to start a gas vs diesel argument here. Just my personal preference.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Ultimate to me would still be a SRW regular cab 4X4. 😄

I think the new 7.3L is going to be awesome and I really don't anticipate very many if any issues. Its all old technology with a lot of new built into it.

The down side for me is I use my pickup a lot, 30,000 miles per year.

We have a 2016 and a 2017 F-250 regular cab 4wd and they are the hardest riding things I'v ever driven. Worse than an old Dodge.

A new truck for me these day's would be a tough choice between a Ford and a Chevy.

I would love the 7.3L, just not sure about the rest of the truck.

I can tell you that the most butt ugly truck on the road today is the 2020 Silverado.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.