cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where's my truck???

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I was bragging recently about my truck taking only 3 weeks to get built and its status was "shipped". Well, that was 4 weeks ago. Salesman is saying it could show up any day. He has been saying that for 2 weeks.
I'm leaving for a 3 week trip in 10 days. I'm good for pulling the 5th with the current truck, but still would like to use the new one. I need a day or 2 to run up 500 miles on it before towing though.
OK, rant over, carry on.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive
34 REPLIES 34

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oh the manufacturers have dealership sales people controlling their factory production schedules and shipping logistics now? And they want to delay an order and โ€œ lieโ€ why again?

deserteagle56
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I placed my order for my new Ford with the dealership I received notification in 3 weeks that it was built and "In Transit". That remained the status for the next 8 weeks...then it showed up at the dealership.
1996 Bigfoot 2500 9.5 on a 2004 Dodge/Cummins dually

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
MORSNOW wrote:
I've ordered two GM trucks, you can track while being manufactured, loose it while on rails, and then I could track again while on ship to Alaska. None of the mfgr's can track while on rail car that I know of.

This is correct. Railroads are incredibly uncooperative. No doubt in my mind the railroad has the info for the rail car and can track it every inch of the way, and knows exactly what is on that rail car. But they do not choose to share the info with anyone else. FedEx, they ain't.

My work site deals with rail shipments every day. We can track product that is sold by the tank car because the railcars belong to us. If product is in a container that goes on a railroad owned car, forget it.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
I've ordered two GM trucks, you can track while being manufactured, loose it while on rails, and then I could track again while on ship to Alaska. None of the mfgr's can track while on rail car that I know of.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Something changed in last year?
My dually delivered in February 2017 come from US (don't remember the state). Now they assemble them in Mexico?
Btw I have 1st mechanical failure on my over 1 years old F350.
It is..... the jack - holding ring broke and the top of telescopic cylinder is coming out. Shall I call free Ford roadside assistance?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Do you have the vin. number yet?

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
don,t you know sales people LIE?????

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
brholt wrote:
I ordered my Ford in October. Built in early December in Kentucky and them loaded on a rail car for Seattle. It then disappeared. The dealer tried to locate it but couldnโ€™t. Apparently Ford had no way of tracking it. Amazing in this day and age.

Finally showed up in Seattle the later part of January. We had to cancel two trips.

Mine was a similar story. Once it's on a rail car it disappears from the sales desk radar. I think the sales desk relies on updates from the transport company - much like tracking an item from Amazon. Amazon can't tell you anything other than the tracking number from which you track it yourself.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ordered my Ford in October. Built in early December in Kentucky and them loaded on a rail car for Seattle. It then disappeared. The dealer tried to locate it but couldnโ€™t. Apparently Ford had no way of tracking it. Amazing in this day and age.

Finally showed up in Seattle the later part of January. We had to cancel two trips.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure the truck was ordered by the dealership :?

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just saw it going east down I-10 , they driver could not find Texas ! It is in Jax Fl by now !

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Was it assembled in China?
I bought range oven from China that was sea-shipped.
Took 3 weeks to make it to US. Than customs hold it for another 3 weeks.

Hot dang....you're reading my mind...in the paint shop.

No Kayteg it's not coming from China. It's a Italian/Mexican. I assume it's being railed to a transfer yard in Houston and then trucked an hour to my dealer. It's been ready for delivery for a week.
I think there is a web site to check status but I don't have the VIN. Salesman says he will call ASAP. I told him I'm not calling anymore because they will think I really really want it and will charge me another thousand. LOL
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Coming from Mexico, it took almost 5 weeks for delivery after it was ready for shipment. Mine had to come through a main rail yard near MS/LA border and took five days just to clear that one yard. Back then at least there was a guy on a ram forum who tracked them, but he quit doing it for some reason. Unfortunately, the dealership only knows it's been shipped and can't see where it is unless they call corporate and beg explaining your situation, that's even a long shot on getting actual location information.

And don't fret too much about getting those 500 miles before towing as motorhomes, box trucks, semis and buses never get that break-in period. If you get a couple hundred, you are good, just take it easy for the first 100 miles of towing. Besides, the cummins doesn't get broken in until about 200k.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
BTW let us know when you throw "truck wash-up party" ?

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Was it assembled in China?
I bought range oven from China that was sea-shipped.
Took 3 weeks to make it to US. Than customs hold it for another 3 weeks.