cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Hemi Going Away

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
So here's the official reason why Stellantis is ditching the Hemi. To add injury to insult the Hemi is a cash cow for Tesla.

Link

Link 2
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
55 REPLIES 55

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
I really like the Hemi. Have owned many, currently have one in my Grand Cherokee L. But if the Hurricane was available in the GCL I’d choose it over the Hemi. The driving characteristics of forced induction are just better in my opinion.

But the MPG is not. What does the Hurricane in the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer get, 1 MPG better than the Hemi?

If Chrysler wants to get away from the fines, they will need to do more than transition from the Hemi

And to the comment about the Tesla displacing whatever Toyota as “best selling car”, their sales are still a fraction of what any of the Big 3 sell in trucks…..

Back in April I drove a GC Summit with a Hemi rental and swore the engine would rattle a bit when cold started in ~60 weather in Ohio. Was not overally impressed with it so yes I would also prefer a boosted I6 engine. Another thing I didn't like was the leather liner on the dash board was rinkled and pealing off the dash.

Sure you did. ;);)

Hey it’s his story, he can embellish all he wants….
Although can dashes crack from looking at ugly people or something? Cause I’ve had a buncha Dodge/Chrysler vehicles . Not all new ones either. There’s a 24 year old Dodge in the driveway now.
Common theme w me, never had a cracked (or wrinkled/peeling whatevs) dash on any of them.
Common theme with Fish, complain about the dashboards in all Chrysler products….

Yeah it was a figment of my imagination...LOL Anyone who doesn't acknoledge Dodge/Ram truck dashboards crack is in complete denial.

Vehicle came from Cincinnati Kentucky airport so no major heat in that part of the country.

Link

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
PIZZ poor Forest Management is the culprit. Here in the NW they used to maintain Forestry roads that acted as a fire break. Much rather spent the $$$ on Light Rail.

They know when a rife starts and if they so chose they could put it out in a heart beat plain and simple.

No I don't need to "Shake my head".

It would help if you figured out how to comment on a post, yours is a real mess to read. YOU are commenting under Grit's name. Grit I think you should file some sort of a Internet Claim against this person.....

The major insurance companies like State Farm have cancelled all new home owner insurance business in the state of California due to wild fires and some other problems specific to California. I can't imagine anyone wanting to move to California.

Link

Link 2

Governor Newsom... Rome is burning!

Well the mods have let the jab at Democratic governor stand for 5 days. Wonder if anybody has seen what is happening with homeowner's insurance in the state where Swastikas and the governor's name fly at same demonstrations?
Many on this site say we can't afford to take any action to reduce climate change, but just like wild fires, somebody must pay for the damage caused by hurricanes and sea level rise on the gulf and east coast plus drought/flood damage in rest of country.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bionic Man wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
I really like the Hemi. Have owned many, currently have one in my Grand Cherokee L. But if the Hurricane was available in the GCL I’d choose it over the Hemi. The driving characteristics of forced induction are just better in my opinion.

But the MPG is not. What does the Hurricane in the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer get, 1 MPG better than the Hemi?

If Chrysler wants to get away from the fines, they will need to do more than transition from the Hemi

And to the comment about the Tesla displacing whatever Toyota as “best selling car”, their sales are still a fraction of what any of the Big 3 sell in trucks…..

Back in April I drove a GC Summit with a Hemi rental and swore the engine would rattle a bit when cold started in ~60 weather in Ohio. Was not overally impressed with it so yes I would also prefer a boosted I6 engine. Another thing I didn't like was the leather liner on the dash board was rinkled and pealing off the dash.

Sure you did. ;);)

Don't you know he is our closet MOPAR guy??????
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bionic Man wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:

Sure you did. ;);)

Hey it’s his story, he can embellish all he wants….
Although can dashes crack from looking at ugly people or something? Cause I’ve had a buncha Dodge/Chrysler vehicles . Not all new ones either. There’s a 24 year old Dodge in the driveway now.
Common theme w me, never had a cracked (or wrinkled/peeling whatevs) dash on any of them.
Common theme with Fish, complain about the dashboards in all Chrysler products….
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:

Sure you did. ;);)
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
mkirsch wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
It's because the morons in the US and Canada let the fires get out of hand before they attack them plain and simple.

Actually, it's the opposite. They attack them immediately, putting them out before they can burn the fuel that has accumulated, leaving even more fuel for next time.

The reason the ones in Quebec are so out of control is because they are in remote areas that are inaccessible, and dumping water on them from airplanes is equvalent to pi$$ing in the ocean. They have to burn themselves out.

If the greenies would let the loggers in to clean the place up every 10 or 20 years there wouldn't be any fuel for the forest fires.

In NW WA they used to maintain the Forest Service Roads. Now they want to spend on Light Rail instead.

I have seen plenty fires they simply don't hit hard with chemicals right away. OH, that may be a no no with the greenies.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bionic Man wrote:

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Tvov wrote:
free radical wrote:

Maybe we need electric trains everywhere to reduce polution
This is how you Build Back Better 🙂

https://youtu.be/BCLuWr1iHok

I can't tell if you are serious, with the smiley face at the end of the sentence.

Your link is about a train out of China. China. Are you seriously using China as an example of saving the environment??

He’s serious. Delusional, but serious…
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
It's because the morons in the US and Canada let the fires get out of hand before they attack them plain and simple.

Actually, it's the opposite. They attack them immediately, putting them out before they can burn the fuel that has accumulated, leaving even more fuel for next time.

The reason the ones in Quebec are so out of control is because they are in remote areas that are inaccessible, and dumping water on them from airplanes is equvalent to pi$$ing in the ocean. They have to burn themselves out.

If the greenies would let the loggers in to clean the place up every 10 or 20 years there wouldn't be any fuel for the forest fires.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
free radical wrote:

Maybe we need electric trains everywhere to reduce polution
This is how you Build Back Better 🙂

https://youtu.be/BCLuWr1iHok

I can't tell if you are serious, with the smiley face at the end of the sentence.

Your link is about a train out of China. China. Are you seriously using China as an example of saving the environment??

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
PIZZ poor Forest Management is the culprit. Here in the NW they used to maintain Forestry roads that acted as a fire break. Much rather spent the $$$ on Light Rail.

They know when a rife starts and if they so chose they could put it out in a heart beat plain and simple.

It would help if you figured out how to comment on a post, yours is a real mess to read. YOU are commenting under Grit's name. Grit I think you should file some sort of a Internet Claim against this person.....

The major insurance companies like State Farm have cancelled all new home owner insurance business in the state of California due to wild fires and some other problems specific to California. I can't imagine anyone wanting to move to California.

Link

Link 2

Hey as long as he has homeless with their hands out he is happy.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Link

Link 2

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
free radical wrote:

Why don't you come up here and show us how it's done. Seriously one of the most ill thought out comments I've read on here. Why not go with the conspiracy theorists that the government started them as well to back the theory of climate change.

Give your head a good shake.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman