cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnie Minnie vs Jayco White Hawk

jim223
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone. My wife and I currently have a Lance 1575 TT. We recently upgraded our tow vehicle and are looking to get a bigger camper. In particular, we like the floorplan with the two opposed slideouts with an island in the middle (rear bath).

We've been looking at the Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS, Winnebago Minnie 2351DKS, and Jayco White Hawk 24RDB. We are also considering the new Lance 2155 but I don't think the Lance is worth the additional expense and I'm hesitant to buy a brand new design.

At this point I think we've narrowed it down to the Jayco and the Winnebago with a slight lean towards the Jayco. We really like the interior decor of the Winnie better but the Jayco seems better appointed. Pricing on both is close enough to not be a factor.

Our current Lance is a 2014 and was our first TT so we are not complete newbies but certainly not experienced enough to be able to determine which is the better built product over the long term. As I research both it seems that most owners love what they bought. There are always a couple of people with problems that the same could be said for any product.

I would appreciate any input you guys and gals could provide on these two travel trailers. Is there something obvious that I'm missing or should really avoid? Any strong, educated opinions either way?

Thank you in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

peliflight
Explorer
Explorer
Hi We purchase a Jayco WhiteHawk 27rbok in late 2014. We have put about 10,000 miles on it and have been very pleased. We did have some minor repair work done on warrantee through Camping World. The work eventually was completed but it took way too long. The problems were not major: and included bathroom door not being flush and tank monitor defective. We are currently traveling in the NW. Everything is working well. Our tow vehicle is a 2004 Nissan Armada with 9100lb capacity equipped with easylift hitch.and pulls the trailer with ease. We get about 9 mpg overall average depending on head winds.

jim223
Explorer
Explorer
I was able to find a dealer with both units in stock and compared them side by side. To me, the Winnebago is hands down the nicer unit of the two. Additionally, the light colored wood finish in the 2351 makes it so much brighter inside. I still wish it had some of the features of the Jayco but fit and finish of the interior is much nicer. My wife and I plan to spend a lot of time in our new camper so the "feel" of the interior is very important.

I ended up putting a deposit on the 2351DSK and will be picking it up on the 30th!

Thank you all for your input.

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2014 Minnie 2351 DKS would NOT trade it for anything else at this point, Had a Jayco before was also good, but we are more impressed with this unit. Very happy with it especially the DW, good luck with your decision. :B
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

PatRenee
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Open Range... they are owned by Jayco... have 2 yr. wnty. and are made quite well.... we love ours.

jim223
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your replies. I tend to suffer from "analysis paralysis" so input from others is always helpful. It gets frustrating when comparing units because none are perfect...there's a plus and a minus to each. If only we could meld them all into the one perfect unit!

I was lucky enough to find a dealer that has both units in stock. I hope to get there this week to compare both side by side.

Baidy
Explorer
Explorer
jim223 wrote:
Hi everyone. My wife and I currently have a Lance 1575 TT. We recently upgraded our tow vehicle and are looking to get a bigger camper. In particular, we like the floorplan with the two opposed slideouts with an island in the middle (rear bath).

We've been looking at the Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS, Winnebago Minnie 2351DKS, and Jayco White Hawk 24RDB. We are also considering the new Lance 2155 but I don't think the Lance is worth the additional expense and I'm hesitant to buy a brand new design.

At this point I think we've narrowed it down to the Jayco and the Winnebago with a slight lean towards the Jayco. We really like the interior decor of the Winnie better but the Jayco seems better appointed. Pricing on both is close enough to not be a factor.

Our current Lance is a 2014 and was our first TT so we are not complete newbies but certainly not experienced enough to be able to determine which is the better built product over the long term. As I research both it seems that most owners love what they bought. There are always a couple of people with problems that the same could be said for any product.

I would appreciate any input you guys and gals could provide on these two travel trailers. Is there something obvious that I'm missing or should really avoid? Any strong, educated opinions either way?

Thank you in advance.

We have a 2014 Minnie 2201 and have had very good success with it. We just felt it was better built than the Jayco we had before. Things like no chip core wood any where in the trailer impressed us.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
When I shopped those two brands, the Jayco build appeared sturdier to me.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

nma33
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't buy a TT but we did compare many companies and purchased a Jayco MH. Got the most bang for the buck, plus 2 year warranty, as mentioned above, certainly helps.

apr67
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco's two year warranty, all other things being equal, is a great tie breaker.
2017 Thor Hurricane 34J
Gone-2014 Chevy Express 3500
Gone-2016 Jayco White Hawk 32DSBH
Gone-2013 Keystone Bullet 294BHS
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger