cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winterized See you next season!

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Winterizing the tt and washing brought back lots of fun times with the new to us tt. Cant wait for the spring time. I just need to cover it and back it into its winter spot....
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker
15 REPLIES 15

Rthomas61
Explorer
Explorer
In the same boat! Got her almost completely winterized. All that's left is the heavy cleaning inside. Hate to see it but each day that passes is 1 day closer to pulling her back out! However, this "getting dark at 4:30 crap" SUCKS ALREADY!!
Bob
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0 V8
2013 KZ Sportsmen 280BH Show Stopper

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
I have had all those thrills and more. Been there done that, but didn't get a tee shirt.

Everyone has their own preferences, but I have done both and will take the hurricanes. To each his own. ๐Ÿ™‚
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
You boys in the South are missing the thrill of;
* Snowshoeing the back wood with a dog at your side.
* Building an snowman with the kids.
* Walking across the lake to drill a hole and fish.
* Ice skating.
* Skiing down hill or on the flat.
* No bugs.
* Four real seasons.

Of course we never get to share the joys of a hurricane, we just have those pesky tornados. :W
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Well we were able to get in 44 nights from May to Oct and winterized the other day. To bed for the winter. Maybe in 15 years or so we can do more down south... Anyway, already planning and thinking of next year so we shall see.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
majorgator wrote:
All this talk about about winterizing...
That's a foreign term for us down here in FL
LOL

Agreed

Also foreign are:

Snow

Removing Snow

Snow tires

Storm Windows

Cold temperatures

Ice-(In any form outdoors)

Frozen (In any form outdoors)

Sanding Truck

Snow Plow

Tire Chains

No crowds between December and March
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
rbpru wrote:
...Our State Parks keep a few spots open for winter campers and there certainly isnโ€™t a crowd to deal with. ๐Ÿ˜‰

One of our two local state park campgrounds at Falls Lake keeps one loop open during the winter. They have frost-free hose bibs, as well as a heated bath house on that one loop. I love it. We don't use the water, as I don't want to winterize over and over, but it is nice to be able to camp. And yes, getting a site is never a problem.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
You deep southerners are just plain cruel. We're mid-south and we've already had a couple of freezes and looks like I have about 3 days leeway to do a couple of outside painting jobs and then the temps drop like a rock. Fall was last Wednesday! Winterized today and will finish bringing in a couple of boxes of misc tomorrow and put Rocky to bed. But Spring Training is coming, the schedules are nearly final and we're ready for March to roll around.....and hope it's warmer than a couple of years ago. Well, so....Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
We pumped in the anti-freeze, filled the drain traps, removed the mouse food and laid enough dryer sheets to hopefully keep the rodents away. :E Then we backed in into the pine trees for the winter. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Still, I could not get myself to put on the cover. There may be a dry trip or too before the snow gets to deep.

Our State Parks keep a few spots open for winter campers and there certainly isnโ€™t a crowd to deal with. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
All this talk about about winterizing...
That's a foreign term for us down here in FL
LOL
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

bhall
Explorer
Explorer
Dropped mine off last night at a local reputable shop, not the other local non-reputable shop. Said he'll do it Friday and I'll be able to pick it up Sunday afternoon when I'm done with work.

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eat your heart out guys !

I just finished greasing the bearings in preparation for our four months of snow birding down in the Florida Keys

Life is good!

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
We probably should have winterized by now but we seem to be having a extended fall. Even up at altitude the temps will be nice enough during the day to go camping, well at least for the next week or so. Hopefully we can get a Thanks giving trip in.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, just tucked ours away after an awesome Halloween weekend trip! Fortunately, we keep her at home so I can look at her and dream all winter.

Helimech
Explorer
Explorer
Nooooooooo!!!!!!