cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVOID Shell station selling tires & gas in Wells NV

Buckeye_Bon
Explorer
Explorer
In July had tire separation in our minimotorhome outside of town. Was charged $900.10 for 2 tires (Major rip off) They even charged $15 per valve stem. Recent conversations w/"new" owner, & he stated that those employees were fired. It appears there are still problems there. No satisfaction yet. Check Yelp for further info about this place & definitely stay away.
14 REPLIES 14

greenskeeper
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what your problem is, coming back from Az last fall, I blew a tire just outside Boise Idaho, made it into a Les Schwab tire, pulled out 45 min later with 2 new toyos on the rear and $880.00 lighter in the pocket book. ...no rip off just great service.......thanks to them......Oh yes it was after quitting time ......when done.........

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
The problem with Yelp and places like RV.net people don't go on there to post how great the service was, they only post the negative, when was the last time someone posted on here how great the service was at Camping World ?, only those upset make post those with great service never post..

Think about it, when your service shop does good work you are happy and not say a word to anyone, but when they screw up the service work or over charge you than you will tell everyone including your mother.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yelp.com is worse than RV.NET when it comes to negative posts.....that's all one usually finds on Yelp

BUT Yelp.com posters did recommend tire guy across street so better options were right there
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
Unlike others posting on this thread, I did look at Yelp.com and was amazed at the complaints. How does this operation retain their Shell franchise.
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
We also had interaction with the Shell Station in Wells, NV, however, ours was positive. Several years ago we had a blowout just south of Wells on Hwy 93, very little shoulder and no cel service. DH unhooked, went into Wells to look for help in changing the tire (tread had wrapped around the axle).He came back with a truck from the Shell station. The Highway Patrol had stopped and immediately warned us about that station, said they had a reputation for treating people poorly. The tire was changed and we got into Wells and stayed at the Flying J lot for the night. The next morning we went over to the Shell station to get 4 new tires. The patrolman from the previous evening came by to see if things were going ok. Since he was "watching", we were charged fairly and went on our way. I sent a thank you letter to the highway patrol office, we really appreciated the effort. Sorry, Buckeye Bon about your troubles with this station. Apparently, their efforts to shaft the public continue. You could post a review on www.rvservicereviews.com. Maybe that would help others.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
The next time you need tires in Wells, try here.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Location, location, location.......

Holds true in Real Estate and ANY retail business.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Wells Nevada is a small town out in the middle of no where on a major highway, tow charge into Reno would have cost more, at least they got you back on the road with 2 new tires and valve stems, could have cost more or got used tires for the same price, I would have to say you got a fair deal for your location.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
As you can see, if all you post is a complaint with no positive contributions, you don't get much credibility.

You think a roadside place providing emergency service will be price competitive with big chains? Think again.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
"How much for the tires?"

"How much ya got?"

lol
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Isn't this the free enterprise system as envisioned by some?
The man sets a price and people are willing to pay it or not. You were willing to pay it so it was a good value to you.
I guess we could mandate standard prices across the country but as anyone who took Economics 101 knows that will just tend to diminish supply.

I guess I do not understand the complaint. Without knowing what size tires, what day, what time etc I cannot gauge whether that is a ripoff or a bargain.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
And you waited 3 months to tell us about it why?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
you don't state what size tires but if you didn't like the price why didn't you go to one of the other 10 plus tire dealers?

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Don't understand what you mean by "new" owner (in quotes).New or not?
And you say "it appears there are still problems". Are there or not?
Unless you can be sure of both I think caution would be better than AVOID.