cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

current road conditions !70 from WV to KC & I40 NM thru Az

roma-rambler
Explorer
Explorer
Planning to travel in Sept from Md to Palm Springs, Ca. Anyone who has traveled the routes mentioned, I would appreciate a report on the road conditions.
7 REPLIES 7

roma-rambler
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
Nothing you can really do about road conditions except worry about them, drive them or take a secondary highway. 🙂 Have a great trip!

The purpose of the question was to plan alternate routes if I70 or I40 were less than satisfactory.

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
We find Google maps voice navigation on our Android phone very handy for routing around traffic jams especially when 2 roads run parallel like I70 and US40.

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
OH border to Kightstown exit is pretty bad, but we've decided just to go slower than to switch off on to US40. 40 follows I70 through rhe midst and isn't except the small, scenic, towns will slow you down. Currently there is construction on weekends on I465 around Indy. Matter of fact watch for weekend construction all through IN.

ezgoin
Explorer
Explorer
I-40 west of Albuquerque into Arizone has several short sections of one lane due to work on some bridges, but not enough of a problem to create any issues. As of late June, the longest stretch of one lane was immediately after entering Arizona (west bound) maybe 3-5 miles of one lane.
The older I get....the better I was.

Bill & Terry
And our canine kids, Skippy & Peanut
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing you can really do about road conditions except worry about them, drive them or take a secondary highway. 🙂 Have a great trip!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
I40 from Amarillo to US 285 was pretty good last month but some one lane nearSanta Rosa,NM but tht might be complete.
Lots of construction betweenLittle Rock & Memphis.

kickstart
Explorer
Explorer
Bridge construction in Terre haute Indiana
Randy and Pam
Misty, Sinbad,and Delilah (the cat kids)
Maggie,(a rough coat collie rescue)
1998 Damon Intruder (fun but no frills)