cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ME to FL using 15 PA to VA

Dick_Simmons
Explorer
Explorer
I have always used 81 to 64 to 95. Is 15 a good route to drag a 36 ft fifth wheel?
6 REPLIES 6

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
I drive back and forth to Florida several times a year and do the 15 to 81 to 77 to 26 to 95 route. I've tried two other routes but this has proven to be the best for me. Construction in NC near Charlotte has been an issue a couple of times, and I try to avoid Charlotte at rush hours if I can. I'll be heading that way next weekend as well.
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
I would agree with either of the last 2 posts. We have used both of them. 15 is decent in Pa but slows down once you cross the border.More traffic and lower speed limits.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since you use 81 anyways, Another option that a lot of folks use, is I81,to I77 to I26 then to 95, that way, you cut out that mess on 95 around Richmond, All of NC & about 1/2 of SC.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

nypatnva
Explorer
Explorer
Normal traffic rt 15 on weekends, northern VA 2 lane, Also consider 81 to 66 to 17 to 95.All 4 lane
2016 dodge ram
champion generator 1978 Serro Scotty Highlander (restored)

Dick_Simmons
Explorer
Explorer
I would be traveling through there weekend after this coming. Problems?

mikebreeze
Explorer
Explorer
I take US 15 all the time in my RV between VA and PA. It is mostly 2 lanes in portions of VA and MD. And if there is a special event at Lucketts (their town fair) or just outside of Leesburg (equestrian center event)or if there is an accident on the 2 lane portions, traffic is bad. But it sure beats I 95 during rush hour.
2006 Four Winds Majestic 23A