cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seward C/G

pnordan
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a suggestion for CG or RV in Seward area?
Paul & Kristina
Lucy & Curly
2004 American Coach Tradition
2004 jeep Grand Cherokee
13 REPLIES 13

King27
Explorer
Explorer
The FamCamp you saw closed was the Air Force Famcamp. It closed at the end of last season.

I have heard that the city of Seward has taken it over. Don't know whether they will open it as an RV Park, or they may have other use for it.

The Army's Seward Resort is on the North side of the closed camp and is a very nice facility.
Best Regards, Ted

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
accsys wrote:
If you want full hookups, Stoney Creek RV Park.

We are her now. Very nice park.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
lucy6194 wrote:
if you are military try the famcamp loved it last summer. Also someone told us they'll take none military if space available but I'd check 1st.

If that fam camp is the one right on the highway going into Seward, it appears to be closed. There is an Air Force sign in one place and a government sign/seal indicating it is closed. Looks really nice, but no one around.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We were there for July 4th four years ago and agree if you don't have reservations, it would not be smart to go down there. We had reservations at Stoney Creek and it was full that weekend. We had tried to get reservations at the FamCamp back in January and they had no spaces left. The city park that week-end looked like a free for all and was very crowded - I wouldn't have touched it with a two-mile stick! Our blog entry for that stay is located here if you would like to see pictures of our site at Stoney Creek or see what else we did while there.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Definitely, if you don't have reservations somewhere for July 4 at Seward, it's best to wait until after the holiday to come down. Alaskans like to camp, too! ๐Ÿ™‚ We really enjoy the Seward city park..so much activity on the water and in town to enjoy. Most private campgrounds in Alaska are 'parking lots', too. The dry camping spots are so reasonable compared to the others and all your RVs are self-contained so you really don't need electric.

It goes also for other places on the holiday. Just stay put where you are..you'll enjoy it much better.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

alaskan-rver
Explorer
Explorer
pnordan wrote:
We are planning to come down Friday.

If you mean the 4th of July weekend, think again. Seward packs up for the Mount Marathon race and what seems like half of Anchorage floods down there for the long weekend. Space will be very hard to find if you do not already have a reservation.

pnordan
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning to come down Friday.
Paul & Kristina
Lucy & Curly
2004 American Coach Tradition
2004 jeep Grand Cherokee

RangerJay
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking for a bit more of an atmosphere then I'd second Stoney Creek. Town camping on the water does have a few benefits - but the downside is that you're packed in like sardines on a bed of gravel.

Jay
2002 Bambi 19' - the "Toaster"
2009 Nissan Pathfinder - the "Buggy"

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
If you want full hookups, Stoney Creek RV Park.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

lucy6194
Explorer
Explorer
if you are military try the famcamp loved it last summer. Also someone told us they'll take none military if space available but I'd check 1st.

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the city campground now. We have electic and water for $30, showers are $2.00. Sites are tight but we are on the bay and can walk to everything. I wouldn't want to stay here for a long time, but we are enjoying it for a few days. Sites are on a first-come basis and electric sites are in high demand. When are you coming? We will be leaving our site on Sunday. lizzie

DonP
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't been there since 2005 but we stayed in the city campground for 10 days and loved it. We payed for 6 days and got 7. Dump and water fill across the street. Wish we could go back.

Don

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
The Seward public campground is right on the water and $5 per day. Dry camping.
Have fun.

Lakeside