cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Utah 20 between I-15 and US-89

LittleJimsSon
Explorer
Explorer
What is the condition of UT-20 between Beaver (I-15) and Panguitch (US-89)? Decent 2-lane road? Any problems pulling a trailer over that stretch? Going to travel in May.
One measure of a person is how they treat someone who can be of no particular use to them.
7 REPLIES 7

LittleJimsSon
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for the "good news" about this route. Reassured!
One measure of a person is how they treat someone who can be of no particular use to them.

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I've been up in Utah all summer just north of Hwy 20. They've been doing a road widening project up on top where the curves are. Really nice now. 4 lane. Major highway for RV'ers crossing over to the 89.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
It's the best way with a RV to get across - no big deal... just a 'hill'. Don't take Hwy 14 as that's a biggie!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
It can get snowy at the top, but rarely in May.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Done it several times. Some grade but not a real issue.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
Decent road with a grade from the 15 up and over a pass with a grade and a sharp turn towards the bottom then decent to the 89. We use it to get to Marysvale and have run a 43' TH over, and recently a 40' MH towing a 24' trailer. Good signage reminding you of the curves and where to gear down. Nice drive and saves some time. Road down the 89 to Panguitch is 2 lane and flat, a few easy curves.

Tiger02
Explorer
Explorer
No issues for a trailer. I used it to cut across to I-15 from 89 when we left Zion NP at the end of April this year. Some good hills, but if I remember correctly they had some truck lanes on the climbs. Easy route overall.
2006 Keystone Outback Sydney 30 FRKS

1997 Ford F350 Auto, 4.10LS Axle, 160,000 Miles, Crew Cab with DRW.

US Army 1984-2016.