cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yosemite south entrance

tegu69
Explorer
Explorer
I'm planning on camping at Wawona cg and saw height restrictions on tunnel going to the valley, but I can't find info on the site as to where the tunnel is. Am I ok going up 41 to the campground.
10 REPLIES 10

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Our FW (Hitchhiker) is 12'9" and we have been through all the tunnels in Yosemite many times. Enjoy your trip. Betsy.
Betsy

tegu69
Explorer
Explorer
I would think that the line they are referring to is the curbside or right side of the lane. If you are measuring up to the edge of the tt, you got about 3". If you are measuring the center height, I would think you would have more room. I know my fw wouldn't make it.

SoCal_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. So what's the fogline, center line through the tunnel? My TT ext hight is 119" I plan on taking 41 to upper pines. Will I be good on this route?

Aloha ~ Todd

tegu69
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I do like to golf, but had to quit. That map would have been nice on the gov site. I saw that road restriction when I made reservations at 10:00et this morning. I didn't plan on dragging the fw all the way in. We will go out the same exit.

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
In case you still want to know just where. wikipedia had a link to it.

clicky

Yosemite is where I first understood what huge means.

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
tegu69 wrote:
Fresno Tundra Driver wrote:
There is no tunnel from the south entrance on hwy 41 going to Wawona campground. The tunnel is 30+ miles away, right before you get to the Yosemite valley.

Thanks we must have been posting at same time. That's what I needed to know.

You're welcome. Wawona is nice. If you like to golf bring your clubs. Their golf course through the woods is really fun.
E.Lee Galik

tegu69
Explorer
Explorer
Fresno Tundra Driver wrote:
There is no tunnel from the south entrance on hwy 41 going to Wawona campground. The tunnel is 30+ miles away, right before you get to the Yosemite valley.

Thanks we must have been posting at same time. That's what I needed to know.

tegu69
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, that's the same thing I read, but it doesn't tell me where the tunnel is. It does not show on their map. If it is between the campground and the valley then I'm ok.

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
E.Lee Galik

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Wawona Road (Highway 41)
Maximum vehicle length: 45 feet (for single vehicles).
Height restrictions: Wawona Tunnel, into Yosemite Valley: 10 feet 2 inches at curb; from Yosemite Valley, 13 feet 6 inches at curb (the height of the tunnel at the white fogline is higher and full sized tour buses are able to drive through the tunnel while remaining in their lane).
Seasons: Open all year (chains may be required in winter).
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/restrictions.htm
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi