cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A Peek Inside an RV Factory

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer

I recently visited the Coachmen RV plant in Indiana. I took a bunch of photos of RVs being made and wrote a report about it all on my blog. If you're interested in that you can read it by clicking HERE. There is plenty of other free stuff on the blog. Feel free to look around and sign up for free email notices when I make new posts.
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com
14 REPLIES 14

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
I din't see any gremlins in your pic. They must already be hiding in the RVs!

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
Doug33 wrote:
I've learned a lot about RV construction through the various RV shows on TV.

Are there any shows in particular? Shows that are on regularly?
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
I've learned a lot about RV construction through the various RV shows on TV.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
I have toured a couple factories in Indiana and had no problems taking pictures. Interesting tours.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
RussOnTheRoad wrote:
rjxj wrote:
You have convinced me even more that I would never want to be in a MH in a crash.

It does seem as if there would be all kinds of stuff flying every which way, doesn't it? There isn't much holding it all together. Is that what you mean?

Yes, there isn't much there.

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great write-up. Now where is the free stuff?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
Russ, Peak is like in Pike's Peak. Peek is like a quick look. We all have a weird sense of humor here.

Hahah. Yes, of course. Let's not forget about pique! Working too late, I guess. Thanks for pointing that out ๐Ÿ™‚

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm surprised that they let him take pictures. IIRC that was verboten at the various tours I have taken.
bumpy

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
I thought there was a mountain in there or something.

:B it's amazing how one letter can change the meaning of something.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Russ, Peak is like in Pike's Peak. Peek is like a quick look. We all have a weird sense of humor here.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
You have convinced me even more that I would never want to be in a MH in a crash.

It does seem as if there would be all kinds of stuff flying every which way, doesn't it? There isn't much holding it all together. Is that what you mean?

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:

Not sure I quite folow you.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II