cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyplace the weather is cool right now??

tmarie416
Explorer
Explorer
We are in FL an need some relief from the oppressive heat in August. Usually we head up to north GA/NC area, would like to go somewhere different any ideas?? TIA!
Tina & Greg Cornell
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2007 Chevy HHR
Trinity, FL
33 REPLIES 33

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Right now, 60s and occasional showers & thunderstorms in all of southeast Idaho.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
taddyport wrote:
powderman426 wrote:
It was downright chilly in the upper peninsula of Michigan a few days ago when we were there. You will probably want a sweatshirt.
I'm in the UP right now, on the lake and the weather is great, about 70 in the day and low 50,s at night.

It was 43 at night right after the 4th of July in the UP where we were. We had gloves on and made hot chocolate at night. During the day we were swarmed with mosquitoes. It will be a long time before we go back.

Actually, all of Michigan is cool right now. I can't ever remember a colder summer. I think we've had 2 days over 80, which is just ridiculous considering the winter we had. If we had to suffer that much snow, it should at least be warm enough to hang at the beach and swim!
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

tmarie416
Explorer
Explorer
HaHa Trackrig, unfortunately we still have to work and work is here in sunny and hot Florida! Thanks everyone for your replies, we will be making a decision by the end of next week. Anyplace cool sound so good right about now!
Tina & Greg Cornell
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2007 Chevy HHR
Trinity, FL

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
The Rockies are an Oasis in August.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anchorage and the Kenai are doing fine. Staying in the mid 60s and no humidity.

The question is WHY are you in Florida this time of year??? Someone steal the wheels off of your rig?

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
low to mid 70s in the day, 50s at night here on the lake in Northern Michigan... campgrounds are jammed like sardine cans though.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

taddyport
Explorer
Explorer
powderman426 wrote:
It was downright chilly in the upper peninsula of Michigan a few days ago when we were there. You will probably want a sweatshirt.
I'm in the UP right now, on the lake and the weather is great, about 70 in the day and low 50,s at night.
God Bless Your Travels
Jon and Zaria; Zaria = springer spaniel
2010 Ford F350, Triton V10 with 4.3 axle
2011 Jayco 256 RKS
Equil izer hitch

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anywhere along the Great lakes Shorelines is perfect temps. 74-79 daytime with lots of sun, 57-62 at night. Just a normal summer here except has been about 3-4 degrees cooler on average than normal this summer so far. The Lake Michigan water temp at the beach is 68-69 F today and will be about 72 next week. Our natural A/C feature that uses NO electricity at all!

Looking at the license plates around here, half the southern USA must be here now! Well over 400,000 were here the last week and a half alone for the 90th National Coast Guard Annual Festival held here every year. It's even cooler in the northern Great Lakes area near Canada and you might even want a sweater or sweatshirt some days this year so far.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
The High Sierra is in the low 70s during the day and the low 50s at night -- this was taken in the Tioga Pass area on the east side of Yosemite at 10,000 feet, looking up at mountains of more than 12,000 feet, a couple of weeks ago:

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Two quick thoughts Upstate NY will be much cooler and Leadville Colorado, will likely require you to put on a sweater in the evening.

Both are great spots to be in August.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

2Fliers
Explorer
Explorer
We had to leave Newport, OR last week because it was too cold. We were there for a month, and it never got over 65.
Mary Gail and Bobby
Sold the Truck - got a Jeep
Sold the Toy Hauler - getting a tent

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
It's been cool all summer in IL, so I'm guessing MI, WI, MN all would be quite cool. Today near Chicago it's about 79F.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Elevation rather than location is the key. Go up, young man, go up!

No matter what you do, get out of Florida in June through September.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thousand Islands of New York
75 today low 80's for next 5 days
lows near 60 at night
Look at the NYS parks for some really nice camping