cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground suggestions for NH White Mts.

Tbonez
Explorer
Explorer
Planning a trip this summer to MA and NH, looking for campground suggestions for the White Mts. Traveling with kids, so a pool is a must, but not needing the full blown kids-ville experience.
14 REPLIES 14

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Clearwater and Meredith Woods CG's off Rte 104 in Meredith, NH. Clearwater is right on the lake, Meredith Woods has a pool. 104 is a great central location for access to all of NH, vs Danforth Bay which is near the Maine border, good for the Conway area but not the rest of the state. From Meredith you can readily get to North Conway or Franconia, the Lakes Region or the seacoast. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
ggmac wrote:
Stayed in a couple in the North Conway area,we found Saco river to be the best.People who run the campground are really good.
That would be Saco River Camping Area LINK and yes the owners are great people.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

Tbonez
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for the suggestions, will use the suggestions when deciding on where in the White Mts we what to plant ourselves.

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
RICKIM wrote:
Look into Lost River Campground in North Woodstock. You can swim the river right in the campground.
Lost River Gorge and boulder caves are a good way to kill a few hours and are right up the road, as well as zip lining and cool stuff for the kids.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Rick

X 2!
Proud father of a US Marine

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
ggmac wrote:
Stayed in a couple in the North Conway area,we found Saco river to be the best.People who run the campground are really good.

x2
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
I'll second the votes for Fransted in Franconia and Saco River in North Conway.

Here are our pictures and comments about each:

Fransted

Saco River

The Whites are great - I grew up in North Conway in the 50's and 60's. Someone mentioned Storyland - my Dad helped build it.

Have a great trip!

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Fransted Family Campground is the best but so pool just a small river. Lost River is nice as well but again no pool. Green Meadow next to Storyland is very basic but nice. Woodstock KOA is nice as well. Took a look at Saco River last year and it seemed nice. Stayed a Danforth Bay for the first time in the fall, it was ok but lists of seasonal sites, it was fine but we will most likely not be back. Drove through Branch Brook Campground last year and is about the biggest dump I have seen.

Post if you have questions about certain campgrounds, a lot depends on what part/side of the mountains you want to be on.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We love Danforth Bay and yes, they have very nice pool complex. It gives you easy access to N. Conway and isn't far from all the White Mountains attractions.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

ggmac
Explorer
Explorer

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
Driving all the way from Ohio, you want a sure bet rv park for the whole family. Take a look at Danforth Bay Camping Resort in Freedom, NH. If you like it, book it now as the place fills up during the summer. Three pools, a lake, and plenty to do at the campground and in the area.

RICKIM
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look into Lost River Campground in North Woodstock. You can swim the river right in the campground.
Lost River Gorge and boulder caves are a good way to kill a few hours and are right up the road, as well as zip lining and cool stuff for the kids.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Rick
2018 AF1140DB, 400W solar, Trimetric, Lifeline GPL-31XTโ€™s, rear deck,
2019 5500 Ram Crew, DRW, 6.7L-CTD, Custom TC bed, on board air, Front Rack

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Try Green Mountain Campground, nice pool and next door to Story Land in North Conway. Woods or pool side camping.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
When we were there in the Spring we stayed at Danforth Bay which is south of Conway NH. We really enjoyed our stay. Lots of space between sites and lots of privacy. I believe that they have a pool, I know that they are on the lake.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
The three KOA's in NH are first rate and all have pools. he Ammonoosuc CG in Twin Mountain, NH is a nice place and has a pool. My personal favorite is Baker River Campground in Rumney. It's small and quiet but only has river swimming, no pool. The Branch Brook CG in Campton has the largest and most private sites and has a pool. The drawback is that the owners have let it get run down.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)