cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds around Apalachicola, FL

bodacious
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone recommend a campground in or around Apalachicola, Florida? Would like to do a 3-4 day trip to the area in the truck camper.
Bodacious & Bride
'00 Northern Lite 10-2000 RR
'06 Escalade CK
'03 GMC 3500 Duramax
9 REPLIES 9

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
St Joseph Peninsular SP on Cape San Blas is hard to beat. There are lots of places in the Apalachicola National Forest including Hickory Landing and Wright Lake. Tate's Hell State Forest is full of primitive and "improved" camping. Womack Creek even has bathrooms. Check for campgrounds near Bristol and Carrabelle to find some of these. lizzie

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
We have been staying at St. George for years and always loved it. Went there this year and we were overrun by big fat Diamondback Rattlesnakes. The host removed one from the spot next to us, he said he thought it was headed for my Pomeranian. The camper on the other side of me killed one that he said was after his dog also. The host went off on him and said that it was illegal to kill any animals in the park. My wife said she does not want to go back there.
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
eieioh wrote:
We loved Ho Humm, just East of Carabelle. http://www.hohumrvpark.com/ Now, you have to understand; this is not a resort. There are no pools, etc. Just a sandy lot, a fishing pier, and full hook ups.

But, I'd stay anywhere to eat Appalachacola oysters.

The wife and I stayed at Ho Hum RV park back in May. It's right on the water and the price was right. We would stay there again.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
Stop by Eddy Teach's Raw Bar if you get the chance.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
Try Coastline in Eastpoint. Stay at the campground,not the resort. Campground is wooded with good water views. Try Lynn;s for real fresh seafood, nothing fancy but real good.
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

bodacious
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who posted. Don't need the fluffy resort, pool, etc. Just need a place to park to see the town and chow down on those oysters.
Bodacious & Bride
'00 Northern Lite 10-2000 RR
'06 Escalade CK
'03 GMC 3500 Duramax

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
The last time we visited Apalachicola, we noticed a sign at the marina, down under the highway bridge, that said there was overnight RV parking available. No amenities, but very convenient for spending some time exploring the town. Here are some pix and comments.

WxToad
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

eieioh
Explorer
Explorer
We loved Ho Humm, just East of Carabelle. http://www.hohumrvpark.com/ Now, you have to understand; this is not a resort. There are no pools, etc. Just a sandy lot, a fishing pier, and full hook ups.

But, I'd stay anywhere to eat Appalachacola oysters.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
St George Island State Park is 14 miles east of there.
Also 2 forest service campgrounds in Appalachicola Forest in Sumatra FL. http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/southern/apalcmp.htm#wright lake
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi