cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds around Portland

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
Could someone recommend a nice campground with full hookups around Portland for the end of July.Traveling on a 26 Ft TT. Would like to have a place with lots or some trees rather than a parking lot.Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

1rickw
Explorer
Explorer
The one in Wilsonville is "Pheasant Ridge RV Park". Nice place. About 15 miles or so from Portland. Large shopping center across road that includes restaurants, Costco etc. It is right off of Hwy 5.
2004 Jamboree 26Q

+ great wife to travel with

:B
2012 Honda Fit towing 4 down with BrakeBuddy

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Roamers Rest in Tualatin last spring when up there for GD's birth, reasonable price fairly close in with a river running behind it. No pool or other amenities but nice and grassy and trees.

There is another place in Wilsonville, I think that is right, just down the 5 from Portland across the freeway from CW. Pool rec room and good sized spots and lots of trees also, we may try here or the state park Champoeg looked real nice if we won't be there more than 2 weeks.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
rbtglove wrote:
Ainsworth State Park is near Troutdale about 30-40 minutes from downtown Portland and is a great location just off 84 in the Columbia Gorge near several Falls and Crown Point. Very scenic and does have full service. No reservations so need to get there mid day.

Where we stay in the area. FHU sites, showers, flush toilets. Convenient to all the waterfalls and scenery on the south side of the Columbia. Hop on I-84 if you need to get to Portland.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

katleman
Explorer
Explorer
Champoeg is nice and has living history stuff during the summers.

Last time we were visiting the portland area, we stayed 40 min west at LL Stubs state park.

All Oregon State Parks are a considerable upgrade from CA state parks, most have water, electric, showers.

Make a reservation at which ever you choose.
Visted via RV

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
EsoxLucius wrote:
Portland Fairview RV Park

http://www.portlandfairviewrv.com/

The OP wanted trees not a parking lot.
BTW Sandy River is a nicer park with river access.
There were plenty of trees when I was there last summer, certainly did not feel like a parking lot to me, at least not in the front part of the park. From the MapQuest satellite image it looks like Sandy River is more of a parking lot than Portland Fairview.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

tohare
Explorer
Explorer
which Portland??

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Champoeg state park south of Portland Great place to stay make sure you make reservations and you best make them now. It backs up to the river and it's just a fun place to stay big spots state owned and run very nice place to stay. I have stayed there many times.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
EsoxLucius wrote:

The OP wanted trees not a parking lot.
BTW Sandy River is a nicer park with river access.

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer

2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
Ainsworth State Park is near Troutdale about 30-40 minutes from downtown Portland and is a great location just off 84 in the Columbia Gorge near several Falls and Crown Point. Very scenic and does have full service. No reservations so need to get there mid day.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
For how long? Champoeg state park south of Portland, but your limited to 14 days. MT Hood rv in Welches is decent,but kind of expensive and 45 minutes from east Portland.