cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds off I 95 below Richmond,Virginia

PaRambler
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for an overnight stay for our trip south in September. We want a safe place that is quick on and off of I 95. Any help would be appreciated.
Lann and Liz
Sadie (yellow lab)
05' Cedar Creek 37RDQS
06'Ford F350 Crew,Lariat,SRW,LB,6.0PSD,3.73
21 REPLIES 21

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Green Acres in Walterboro, SC.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Mike_Taverniti
Explorer
Explorer
KOA Fayetteville in Wade NC is very nice. Sites are level and all pull throughs.

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
At Roanoke Rapids is The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads. $30 per night express check in after 6pm. http://033b649.netsolhost.com/aboutusrates.html

its also a PA = 15
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
At Roanoke Rapids is The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads. $30 per night express check in after 6pm. http://033b649.netsolhost.com/aboutusrates.html
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with the RVacation Travel Park, or you can head down to Smithfield KOA, which may be a bit better, because it's a bit further off I-95. Still easy on/off, but you'll have less of the traffic noise.

I'm sure that there is probably something between Richmond and NC, but those are the two places that I know of.

You may want to check with RVParkReviews.com
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
We like RVacation Travel Park. Easy on and off, pull thru sites. Great for overnight stays. RVacation Travel Park Selma NC.
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

Bill___Kate
Explorer
Explorer
It may be too far south for you, but Pedro's Campground at South of the Boarder right on the NC/SC border is set up for overnight stays. Like $22 gets a level pull through site so you don't even have to unhitch. It is right behind and within easy walking distance of the all the tourist stuff if you have an interest in that, but is far enough away to be quiet.
Bill & Kate - Stone Harbor, NJ
w/ Bailey (standard poodle) and Zeke (partipoodle)- both rescues
2018 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab w/ 6.2L gasser
2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX fifth wheel