cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Country Haven New Holland, PA

buskirk
Explorer
Explorer
This is now a KOA campground. Lancaster/New Holland KOA.
Wonder if the owners will be a bit more customer friendly now that they are KOA?
Joe Buskirk
2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 3500HD SWD Duramax Diesel
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 360IBL

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
10 REPLIES 10

sftrbt
Explorer
Explorer
I'm surprised to see that some folks are still accepting of the female owners personality in dealing with her public. She is providing a service and commodity at a price. She is the antithesis of the camping public. Husband being nice and talkative is most likely due to being "hen-pecked"! I've seen my last night there until we see new ownership AND management.

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there once and would definitely go back if planning a trip to Lancaster. It's very convenient with respect to attractions in the Lancaster area and not far from Hershey (amusement park or RV show coming up in a couple of weeks).

Ringer
Explorer
Explorer
I agree about the owners. When we check in, we are straight and to the point with the wife. Strictly business with her and move on. Husband is pretty friendly. They have there rules which I find not to hard to deal with. Never had a problem.
2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
2008 Saturn Vue

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
buskirk wrote:
This is now a KOA campground. Lancaster/New Holland KOA.
Wonder if the owners will be a bit more customer friendly now that they are KOA?

We are here as I write this...It is a campground with a "Million Dollar " view in MHO.......This is the 2nd time this year we have stayed here....once as Country Haven and now as the Lancaster-New Holland KOA......As stated the male owner is friendly and talkative , while his female counterpart is somewhat quick in her answers....but we all have our good and bad points
They have considerable rules,but as to now, they have not been a factor in either stay...which have been very enjoyable..and we would return again.....
First time we were here,was with our daughter and family.....in two motorhome...with 3 boys..8,6 and 2.....and never had a problem then either..
CHuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
Bill/Diana wrote:
Since changing to KOA it appears the daily rates have gone even higher. Nice campground but not worth $70 per night.

Actually, the rates are the same as the last time we stayed there. FHU start at $48. and run to $69.75 for 50A pull throughs.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
buskirk wrote:

Why would being associated with KOA change the owner's personalities? The only thing magical about any KOA is the exorbitant prices they charge for an average campground.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Bill/Diana wrote:
Since changing to KOA it appears the daily rates have gone even higher. Nice campground but not worth $70 per night.

Ouch! They'll put themselves out of business for sure.

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer

justaboutretire
Explorer
Explorer
We go there every late May or early June. Like JFKMK said we too do not camp with pets or kids (all grown and out on their own). As long as we don't park on the precious grass you will not have any issues with the female owner. The male owner is actually really nice. He comes by an talks with us a coupe of times during our stay. I really don't see it being a typical KOA campground. I think they are using the KOA as a financial crutch. My opinion though.
Bill & Diane
3 Boys, 1 dog
1DIL, 3 Granddaughters
2002 Excursion Limited\w 7.3 PSD
2003 Citation 33M TT

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there this spring and thought it was pretty nice. LOTS of rules, but most didn't apply to us as we camped with no kids or pets.

Not sure how this cg fits the KOA mold. There's no pool, playground, etc.

Also not sure how becoming a KOA will change the owners attitudes to their customers. We had no problems but did hear some complaints.