cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite COE park in your state

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at my Camping with COE book and noticed a park marked that we've never been too so I'm sure I marked it from a recommendation from someone on this forum. This got me to thinking..why not share our favorite COE parks in our home states?? Plese share your's and why it the favorite.

I'll start with Sanders Cove on Pat Mayse Lake. It has pine trees, sites are roomy, and has good fishing (we're told anyway as we're not fishermen). I know once we were there and there was a fishing tournament was going on...That's the only negative we've had about it...The roar of boat motors early in the morning wasn't too enjoyable, but it didn't last long.
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT
96 REPLIES 96

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Practically grew up at Kirby Landing on Lake Greeson in west central Arkansas. Dad loved to water ski - and we've be there almost every weekend between April 1st and the end of October.

My current favorite COE park is Airport Park on Waco Lake near Waco, TX

But I'm also partial to Iron Mountain on Degray Lake near Arkadelphia, AR.

Usually spend a couple weeks each year at Burns Run West on Texoma Lake - just across the dam in Oklahoma. Usually very private and low usage especially after Labor Day. The grandkids love it.

At our age, the Senior Pass makes COE parks very affordable for a full-time couple.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

HeresLucy
Explorer
Explorer
Thomson Causeway - Thomson, IL on the mississippi

See some pics in blog I posted after the trip (2012)

Thomson Causeway

Ortona South (LaBelle, FL)

Ortona Photo Album

Old Federal (Flowery Branch, GA)

Old Federal Blog Posts (several pics)

North Bend, Boydton, VA

Photo album of several of the sites @ NB

Goose Point (Bassett, VA) -- see reservation site for pics of every site.

Probably hubby's favorite is Goose Point.

It's been several years since we've stayed at the ones in VA, GA, and FL... so things might have changed. I think a lot of these CGs now have pictures on the reservation site -- like Goose Point.. so you might find better or more current images than what I have above.

We now live in TN and hope to get up to Lilydale COE (Dale Hollow) sometime this year or next.
2006 Allegro Bus 40' DP
2005 Grand Cherokee

katfish
Explorer
Explorer
Foscue Creek, Demopolis Al...... Millers Ferry Camden Al. Gunter Hill, Montgomery Al. There are so many I could fill up the block, all well taken care of big spots. An as stated above there are several more along the Tenn Tom water way... No complaints with any of them...
"Every day is a adventure and every trip is a voyage of Discovery"
Steve & Cathy
U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
2012 KZ StoneRidge 36ul
2004 Dodge 3500 (Diesel DRW)
Advanced Air Rider hitch

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
abby323 wrote:
What i need to know is where do you get the COE books, and are they for all states?
I don't use a Book, I use this web site, http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/visitors.cfm
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Mountain Mama wrote:
TenOC wrote:
A picture says it all -- In AL any on the Tom-Bigbee Waterway.

Great pics! I'll definately be adding this one to my "to do" list! Thanks for sharing...One question.. In the first pic it looks like your picnic table is behind your trailer? Could it have been moved to a different spot or was it anchored?

You only see the shadow of my TT. The TT in the photo is at the next campsite. It looks close but there is lots of room for a big rig.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

abby323
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Mountain MaMA, will check out Amazon and camping world. Thanks again for info. N5LUI

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:
We just got back from West Thompson Lake COE which has become our favorite CT getaway, $30 gets you huge private sites with water & electric, easy access to hiking, fishing & kayaking. Very hard to find accommodations like this in CT.

Mike

Shhh! Don't tell anyone! lol, we agree...

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from West Thompson Lake COE which has become our favorite CT getaway, $30 gets you huge private sites with water & electric, easy access to hiking, fishing & kayaking. Very hard to find accommodations like this in CT.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

caseyhoward
Explorer
Explorer
Lake fayette just outside of Fayetteville Texas ... Clean, quite, private sites, camp host very nice .. And Good fishing ...
Irish Tinkers

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:

Great pics! I'll definately be adding this one to my "to do" list! Thanks for sharing...One question.. In the first pic it looks like your picnic table is behind your trailer? Could it have been moved to a different spot or was it anchored?

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
abby323 wrote:
What i need to know is where do you get the COE books, and are they for all states?

I got mine @ Camping World but can probably be found on Amazon, too. Yes, it covers all states!

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Gull Lake Dam near Brainerd MN.
pawatt

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

abby323
Explorer
Explorer

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone else??