cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Florida Atlantic Coast

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
A Canadian friend of mine is heading to Florida in March and has asked me for some suggestions. He and his wife are seniors and like to walk and bicycle. They are looking to stay between Titusville and Jacksonville. I have no experience with this area and could only recommend to avoid Biker Week in Daytona. I don't think they are looking for fancy resort type places, just parks with some things to do close by. They travel in a smaller Class C so big rig sites are not a necessity. Any suggestions I could pass on would be appreciated.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)
9 REPLIES 9

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
As a avid bicyclist, & born & raised in Daytona Beach, don't let those who think they know something persuade your friends not to come here. We have several Canadian winter residents, great bike trails & the best beaches in Florida, except for Race Week & Bike Week we are a great playground that doesn't take itself very seriously. Prices & rate don't increase in the winter months except for those events

Kate_and_Ed
Explorer
Explorer
Warmer the further south they go too. St Aug great place but still gets cold up that way.
Kathy and Ed

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
The further away from Daytona the better. I really like the Melbourne area too.

Count me as a fan of the west coast of Florida, especially south of Tampa.

Tim

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the suggestions - I will advise my friend. All sound very nice - any other ideas out there ? ? ?
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
Teacher's Pet wrote:
Tell him to go to the far end of Brevard County a visit Melbourne, it is very nice area. There are several county parks in the county with full hookups at reasonable rates.

X2

Wickham Park (Brevard County) is in Melbourne and has 145 full hookup campsites that are nicely spaced. The park consists of 391 acres with hiking trails, equestrian center, Senior Center, frisbie golf, amphitheater, ball fields, dog park and much more. Atlantic ocean is less than 5 miles away and Cocoa Beach less than 15. Really nice county park with online reservations available. Kennedy Space Center is about 1/2 hour away and Daytona and Orlando about an hour away.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
North Beach RV in St Augustine, Manatee Hammock County Park in Brevard both come to mind.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Anastasia State Park, St Augustine. Beautiful park and neat city with lots to see and do.
or Jetty Park Campground in Cape Canaveral. Go visit Kennedy Space Center.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Tell him to go to the far end of Brevard County a visit Melbourne, it is very nice area. There are several county parks in the county with full hookups at reasonable rates.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
My Wife and I spend January's in Florida and usually put 500 miles on our Schwinns BUT on the Gulf side.
Suggest to them that they purchase Florida's Paved Bike Trails which covers the entire State.
We like Blueberry Hill in Bushnell, just off I-75, because they always have a site for us and the Withlacoochee State trail is just a short drive away.
We also like the Dunedin RV Resort and ride the Pinellas Trail just across the street. The downside is that it is difficult to get into in the winter.
Both of the trails are in the book.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)