cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Florida Keys

Ok gang , We are looking for a beautiful , spacious , knock out waterfront campground ,if there is such a thing somewhere in the keys.... I looked at Boyd's and Jolly Roger online so far. It is hard to see which has bigger sites.. We are looking for a few days in mid to late July....Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
26 REPLIES 26

Islandtime wrote:
That's beautiful!! Maybe when I hit the lottery I can stay at Bluewater. Just was wondering what site number this is?

#41.. it was $115.00 a night when all done..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Islandtime
Explorer
Explorer
That's beautiful!! Maybe when I hit the lottery I can stay at Bluewater. Just was wondering what site number this is?

**follow up**

We just returned from our visit to Blue Water Key RV Resort and it was unbelievable !!!

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

normandavison
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Geiger Key Marina/RV Park

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
footslogger wrote:
NCWriter wrote:
I'd love to stay at Bluewater some day but my RV is too little.

I'd love to stay at Bluewater some day but my pocketbook is too little! ๐Ÿ˜ž

I am with you on that one...$150/night...ouch!
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!

Spoke to Bluewater (Amy) about 2 hours ago and evedently it is Mini Lobster season that time of year so they do not have a lot of choices BUT.. there are still 3 waterfront sites available... 41...72...75... I will be calling them back tomorrow with my choice... !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

dezl_dr
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Bluewater Key is beautiful, but the price is high - and well worth it. I have several pics of Bluewater...how do I post them?
2014 F-350 DRW, 2010 Elite Suites 38'

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
soos wrote:
Jolly Roger was also great. nice pool, a dedicated swim/snorkel area on the ocean.

Jolly Roger is gulf side, not ocean side.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a good friend who lives year round on the water front in Key Largo, and he says during July and August the locals do not leave their air conditioning during the day like the northerners don't leave their heated homes in 10 degree weather, so good luck to you folks who say it is "only heat" !

Jack l
Jack & Nanci

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Being originally from Georgia, we are used to heat and humidity. But I guess we have been out of Georgia too long. I went to Miami a few years ago for a job interview in December and it was 90 degrees and very humid then. I imagine in July it's worse.

But I understand the kid thing. You gotta do what you gotta do.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

soos
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jolly Roger was also great. nice pool, a dedicated swim/snorkel area on the ocean.
Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home

footslogger
Explorer
Explorer
NCWriter wrote:
I'd love to stay at Bluewater some day but my RV is too little.

I'd love to stay at Bluewater some day but my pocketbook is too little! ๐Ÿ˜ž
footslogger

2004 Country Coach Allure 33' Cummins 370HP ISL
400 Watt Solar Array M&G Braking System
2003 Honda Element (and as many canoes as I can carry!)

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Thanks for all the responses.. I have contacted Bluewater and am waiting for a response.. As far as July in Florida ,,,its only heat.. We always take a 2 or 3 week trip the last week of July first week of August for a lot of reasons one being that the kids go to school until early to mid June.. and return Memorial day so that does not leave us alot of choices.. It has been 20 years now and the heat is almost the same here as there BUT I am on vacation THERE!!!

I agree it's only heat. We love the Florida Keys and been there many times so I'm always watching in the Keys. Many times when it is hot and humid here on Long Island, it is actually cooler in the Keys.

Go and enjoy the Keys !!!
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Thanks for all the responses.. I have contacted Bluewater and am waiting for a response.. As far as July in Florida ,,,its only heat.. We always take a 2 or 3 week trip the last week of July first week of August for a lot of reasons one being that the kids go to school until early to mid June.. and return Memorial day so that does not leave us alot of choices.. It has been 20 years now and the heat is almost the same here as there BUT I am on vacation THERE!!!

:B
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude