cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Foothills,Yuma

true4uca
Explorer
Explorer
We are here off Foothills Blvd,here in Yuma. Does anyone else get a real bad sewer smell, The city crew has been here twice to clean the main lines. but it hasn't helped. Guess we'll really have to think about returninh. We'll be leaving here early.
16 REPLIES 16

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a direct link.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure why the clicky link does not work. Here is the address that should work with a copy and paste.

http://yumafoothillssewergroup.org/

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:
Art Davis wrote:
Does anyone know who we (residents) should complain to?

Here is a website that can answer some of the questions and has instructions on how to file complaints.

Foothills Sewer

Link doesn't work for me. Woukd you check? I am interested in having a look. Thanks.
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Art Davis wrote:

Here is a website that can answer some of the questions and has instructions on how to file complaints.

http://yumafoothillssewergroup.org/

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
One of my neighbors told me that the odor was coming from the pool at the Foothills Golf Course on County 14. I couldn't believe that because there is a putting green right near it.

I biked past yesterday, though, and saw a sewage truck backed up to the large adjacent flat-topped building with a huge hose going through an access door. One of the biggest sewer tankers I have seen. Don't know what they are doing, but it was evidence that the sewage treatment plant is under wraps in that building.

Now I am wondering if those folks aren't golfing around secondary effluent!

The Sewer Sisters Strike Again!

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

true4uca
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, we were hoping that side of Foothills was OK. Right now we are on the opposite side on 37th. A friend told us they only got that smell when the golf course was being watered. Guess we will have to find another winter home.

j828
Explorer
Explorer
yes absolutely I have been dealing with sewage smell for quite some time. 51st place and Ironwood. I was given the run around by far west until I sent my grievance via email. The smell is about to drive me out of my property. I have been given the excuse (misdirection) that it is the RV properties and septic tanks.

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
Be aware that the Foothills area is NOT a part of Yuma. It is unincorporated. They are having major utility problems. Some day it will probably become a part of the city of Yuma, but until then beware.

Paul
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
"Must be a capacity problem."

Way more to it than just capacity but capacity is a major part of the problem.

I am sure someday we will get to the truth of the matter. When we do I suspect we will find the system was never Engineered and no real thought given about what was in the Future in Yuma. I suspect whoever built the system forgot a basic known fact about sewage. That is sh$t will flow down hill and only down hill.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
RCMAN46 has it correct. Far West Sewer operated by what is known in the area as "The Sewer Sisters" inherited from their Dad, Hank. They are fully sanctioned by the Arizona commission that oversees utility rates. In other words, they ask, they receive. Next Saturday will be Hank's Days celebrated on Foothills Blvd if you care to participate.

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
In December we were in a lot on E46th St. in the south Foothills on the west side, as we walked up the hill towards the new development I noted a strong sewer smell coming out of the vents on the houses near the top of the hill. It's been around a while as homeowners have extended vent stacks to disperse the smell. Doesn't happen down the hill. I also noted a truck pumping out the reservoir at the bottom of the hill. Must be a capacity problem.

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
true4uca wrote:
We are here off Foothills Blvd,here in Yuma. Does anyone else get a real bad sewer smell, The city crew has been here twice to clean the main lines. but it hasn't helped. Guess we'll really have to think about returninh. We'll be leaving here early.

We are in North Foothills east of Fortuna Wash. No odor here until we head for town and drop into the wash where there is a definite sewer smell. We asked some of the year round residence about the odor and they told us the golf courses are using water from the treatment plant to water the courses... Glad I don't golf.
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Do a google search on Far West Water and Sewer Yuma, Arizona.

You will find many articles about the problem. The sewer system belongs to a private company that has a system unable to handle the demand. That probably was not the city you saw pumping but if it was Far West was footing the bill.