cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Free Natioan Park enterence

WV_Wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
I received an e-mail today saying the federal government is changing fees for all veterans and God Star families effective Nov. 11 all federal parks and BLM will have free use interence from then on. Does anyone know anything about this or is it a false news?
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7, Auto 6sd, Prodigy 2 brake control,
Reese dual cam WDH with 1200lb bars.
2008 28ft Dutchman Classic with 20ft slide.
2016 25ft.Ventura Sporttrek
23 REPLIES 23

caver
Nomad
Nomad
Many veterans will not have any of the four acceptable ID's including myself. A state park in MO did something just like this and I said what about me? That park did write back and say a DD214 would also suffice.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Do not go there.

The Moderators will delete the TRUTH.

Thank you to all who served.

I agree with Entrance Fees, all other you should pay for.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Wonderful news. I believe it is wrong to 'lease out' the management of our national parks. I can understand leasing out vendor contracts for food and other services but not park operations. Veterans earned this perk through their service. Thanks to all who served.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great news! Iโ€™m glad we are being recognized for our service.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds good. I wonder how the "next of kin" will be enforced to prevent abuse.

markandkim
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's the offical news release.

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/trump-administration-grants-gold-star-families-and-military-veterans-free-entrance
Retired Navy

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7L
2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
"Starting next month, veterans and Gold Star families will be able to visit national parks and other public lands for free, under a new initiative from the Department of the Interior announced on Wednesday."

Fees at national parks waived for veterans, Gold Star families starting next month

I wonder if that includes canoe/kayak/boat launching fees like they have in the Everglades National Park ?

Guy

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Starting next month, veterans and Gold Star families will be able to visit national parks and other public lands for free, under a new initiative from the Department of the Interior announced on Wednesday."

Fees at national parks waived for veterans, Gold Star families starting next month
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
I believe it's just for Veterans' Day, Nov 11th ... it's not new. I will check with my VA group and find out if it's permanent. Will check back in a day or so.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic