cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Garilinburg Area Camping

Jeff_Chandler
Explorer
Explorer
Planning a trip to Gatlinburg,Tn Any suggestion around Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge area?
16 REPLIES 16

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
3wheel wrote:
We found this website that tracks the trolley location in real time.
It can be very handy when the trolly only comes once an hour.

http://gatlinburgmasstransit.org/

THANKS!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

3wheel
Explorer
Explorer
We found this website that tracks the trolley location in real time.
It can be very handy when the trolly only comes once an hour.

http://gatlinburgmasstransit.org/
Me, DW, DS, DWoof1, DWoof2
150 Super Crew 3.5L EcoBoost 3.55 towing a
2013 Jayco X20E with E2 Hitch

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is 9 AM to 7 PM during season. The trolley to the arts and craft route starts an hour later and ends an hour earlier.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
How late does the trolley run?
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
We also use Twin Creeks, very convenient to most everything and on the trolley route.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

dyb
Explorer
Explorer
x2. 2 miles from downtown. trolley stops at entrance. couple blocks from major food store.
2005 F 250 5.4, 4.10 Gear, Tow/Haul, TorqShift Tranny 8ft. Box
Built in Break Controller
Super Duty super cab 158" wheel base
Eagle 320 rlds 2008
Raised Oct, 1988
Reese Dual Cam

3wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from Twin Creek campground in Gatlinburg. Tucked away with lots of trees, a little creek and yes ... a pool and hot tub.

Convent access to the Gatlinburg trolley bus stop.

We really enjoyed this park.
Me, DW, DS, DWoof1, DWoof2
150 Super Crew 3.5L EcoBoost 3.55 towing a
2013 Jayco X20E with E2 Hitch

Jeff_Chandler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the info. It will just my wife and I. We would like a pool..would like full hook up though.

Jeff_Chandler
Explorer
Explorer
slay wrote:
If your rig is fully contained and you don't need a bath house or swimming pool, I would highly recommend Up the Creek RV Camp. We stayed here a few years ago and loved it. Owners are very nice. It is off the beaten path but a short drive to the main drag in Pigeon Forge. Beause of the limited ammenities there are very few children and the place is very quiet. But if you have kids and enjoy campground activities this is not where you want to be.

slay
Explorer II
Explorer II
If your rig is fully contained and you don't need a bath house or swimming pool, I would highly recommend Up the Creek RV Camp. We stayed here a few years ago and loved it. Owners are very nice. It is off the beaten path but a short drive to the main drag in Pigeon Forge. Beause of the limited ammenities there are very few children and the place is very quiet. But if you have kids and enjoy campground activities this is not where you want to be.
Steve and Vivian
2013 Winnebago Vista 35F
2016 Ford Fiesta pushing from behind
Coffee is the sustenance of life

bodyshop_bob
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Jeff,
Your question is too generic. G'burg and PForge have lots of campgrounds. Do you have kids? Need playground/pool/rec room? Like more open sites with a little elbow room? Close to town important?
We've stayed in the area at least once a year for over 20 years and know it well. Give some details of what you'd like and we'll help you out.
Bob & Carla
Josh & Emily
mostly Lab mix Eryn
Chase is waiting for us at the Bridge
2007 Chevrolet 2500 D/A
2015 Jayco 339 FLQS

whistlebritches
Explorer
Explorer
River Planation in Sevierville is nice.

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Pine Mountain RV park in Pigeon Forge. Search on Pine Mountain and you will find all the posts. I have posted pictures of the park in one of my previous posts.
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Pine Mtn in Pigeon Forge.