cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Houston Space Center

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a clean and safe campground near the Space Center. I don't have to have full hookups Just W/E
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire
10 REPLIES 10

Kemahsabe
Explorer
Explorer
Please note that Space Center Houston is different from Johnson Space Center. There's a constant stream of RV's being turned around at the JSC gates. You cannot get into, or 'tour' JSC except for a limited area called 'Rocket Park'.

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
WIll Do
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

Explorer II
Explorer II
Please provide a report on wherever you stay and on Space Center Houston. I'm sure some here would like to know.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

bogeygolfer
Explorer
Explorer
All good suggestions above. Marina Bay is nice and new - spaces are pretty close together. Dellanera is beach-front, if that appeals to you - Galveston is worth a visit if you haven't been there before. Space Center is right on I-45, so - convenient, easy freeway access, lots of traffic too. You can't go wrong with any of these.
2002 KZ Sportsman 2405
2005 Duramax
1996 Foretravel U295

nazpaz
Explorer
Explorer
We're at Green Caye which is about 20 minutes from Space Center Houston. Lots of pull throughs, all concrete pads, easy access, clean. It's the best deal around for longer stays, one of the better prices for nightly stays ($30).

Green Caye
-G.R. "Scott" Cundiff
Our Here and There Blog
2005 Safari Cheetah 38PDQ
--
We've visited them all (but not always with the RV)

Kemahsabe
Explorer
Explorer
Marina Bay RV Resort and Space Center RV Park are the closest and best choices. Both are nice parks and both are near Space Center Houston.

Space Center RV Park is right on I-45 which is convenient but noisy. Marina Bay is quiet and near restaurants and shopping but is about 7 miles off I-45. It's also near the Kemah Boardwalk. (Look it up.)

Have fun!

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks any more suggestions?
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

Explorer II
Explorer II
Space Center RV Park on I45 is the closest. Clean and safe but tight.
You can boondock overnight in the Space Center Houston parking lot. No hookups but the genny can run all night if needed.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Marina Bay RV Resort in Kemah. It was a good park.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

3wheel
Explorer
Explorer
We were planning a trip down there too.

Although I haven't been there ... Dellanera RV Park in Galveston had good ratings and was only 40 min from Johnson Space Center.
Me, DW, DS, DWoof1, DWoof2
150 Super Crew 3.5L EcoBoost 3.55 towing a
2013 Jayco X20E with E2 Hitch