Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for RV Park near Colorado Springs

smcrea
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi,

We're looking for an RV park near Colorado Springs from July 1st to July 4th weekend. It looks pretty booked up.

We saw these places:

http://goldfieldrvpark.com

Or

http://maymuseum-camp-rvpark.com

Does does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks!!!
13 REPLIES 13

kmbernstein
Explorer
Explorer
With the new fires, you may have trouble both in Colorado Springs and Canyon City. Check out a campsite by phone not just on line before you come.
Me, 1 Great hubby (Tim), Cole the Standard Poodle,
Magic the tiny Bengal Cat
2012 Skyline Koala 21CS
2007 Ford Explorer

Dixiechick
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the KOA several years ago and enjoyed our stay. As I remember, breakfast was available and ice cream in the afternoon. It caters to families with children but we had no problem with it.
Cathy and Don, finally retired :B
Cats-Whiskers the Princess and Shadow the Baby
2008 Allegro Class A Open Road 32'

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
Go down to Canon City and stay at Mountain View RV Resort, it's a great place and you will be 1 mile fro the Royal Gorge.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer we spent a week at the Garden of the Gods CG. We had a great stay. We have also stayed at the Woodland Park campgrounds as well . Woodland is very nice and more laid back than the Springs. My wife grew up in the Springs and moved to Woodland for high school so we end up spending time in that area when we go back to the West Slope for the summers.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
Check Mountaindale RV Resort it's a little bit south of May Museum. We stayed there last summer and really liked it. Very clean and great staff.

DesertHawk
Explorer
Explorer
Just off I-25 near Fountain (south of Colorado Springs) Now a KOA - Some Years Ago it wasn't.

East & a bit south of Fort Carson & Colorado Mountain SP.
:CDesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp

rhochnadel
Explorer
Explorer
Last time I checked out Mueller State Park there were a few sites available from June 30 through July 3, nothing available for July 4th.
'05 Keystone Challenger TPK
'01 Chev 2500HD Duramax/Allison
Corgi "Pippin" & cat "Sundance":)

smcrea
Explorer II
Explorer II
rposgood wrote:
Try Cheyenne Mountain state park. We just stayed there over the last 3 days. Nice place, close to CS, full hook ups. Better move fast as there are not many places still available anywhere around the springs.

Just checked and they're full!! ๐Ÿ˜ž

smcrea
Explorer II
Explorer II
sp8gold wrote:
I would avoid both of those locations. Goldfield's sites are so close together that you can pass coffee to your neighbor. It is also right on Hwy 24. May-museum is/was an old run down tired park that needs new owners. Mr. May died a couple of years ago but his kin still run the park (or did the last time I stoped in). My choices would be (if they have openings), the new state park, Garden of the Gods Campground, KOA if staying in the Springs area. You could try the Cripple Creek or Pueblo area also. Not much of a drive from either place. JHMO

Many thanks!.. We really appreciate your opinion and especially as looking at your profile you come from the CS area :).. I think that we would be foolish to ignore LOL!

Thanks Again!

rposgood
Explorer
Explorer
Try Cheyenne Mountain state park. We just stayed there over the last 3 days. Nice place, close to CS, full hook ups. Better move fast as there are not many places still available anywhere around the springs.

sp8gold
Explorer
Explorer
I would avoid both of those locations. Goldfield's sites are so close together that you can pass coffee to your neighbor. It is also right on Hwy 24. May-museum is/was an old run down tired park that needs new owners. Mr. May died a couple of years ago but his kin still run the park (or did the last time I stoped in). My choices would be (if they have openings), the new state park, Garden of the Gods Campground, KOA if staying in the Springs area. You could try the Cripple Creek or Pueblo area also. Not much of a drive from either place. JHMO

DesertHawk
Explorer
Explorer
We also have used the Woodland Park area as base to seeing the Colorado Springs area as well. We like Nat'l Forest Campgrounds & State Parks, but there are Several Private One's as well.

Last year we use the FamCamp at the US Air Force Academy: Peregrine Pines FamCamp (Military Camping Only). As "guests" of our son-in-law who we were traveling with. A nice one if you have the clearance.
:CDesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I use to drive up to Woodland Park . Then we drove down to the Springs when we wanted to do so thing their. We stayed at Diamond.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch