cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maryland campgrounds... OYE !

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
So Im just starting out on this RV life.
So far I have only made it to my sisters driveway in PA...

But I hope to move to my second destination soon.
I have some work to clean up this summer before I can begin
my adventure in earnest. So I have been looking for a Maryland
campground. Something close in to my stinking rotten hometown
of Baltimore without being near the scumbags (nothing against scumbags, but they can be dangerous)

The other day, I visited Rambling Pines....$795 dollahrs.
There are many apartments you can rent for that price. All the campsites are right up on each other. AND.. I saw only one open
site in the monthly rental section. So they are getting their price.

Up Rt 95 a bit is that one on the water. They list their monthly
rate at $850.

HELP !!!!!
11 REPLIES 11

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the OP may be looking for a place to plant himself for months at a time. Can't help with that, but for those interested in moving around a bit, the Maryland State Park Senior Pass ($10 lifetime) gives you half-price camping Sunday - Thursday, as well as free day use admission. OUT-OF-STATE RESIDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE, too. A very good deal.
2013 RT 190-Popular

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
groundhogy wrote:
... In Baltimore, Cherry Hill is a bad place. Maybe the College Park cherry hill is better.

Cherry Hill campground is going to be expensive.

What do you need to be near? That could be a crappy commute into Baltimore, too.

spoon059 wrote:
ependydad wrote:
Patapsco State Park

This is a great park, right off Rt 40 and Rt 29, just a little south of Rt 70. Its in the woods, there is a river at the bottom of the hill. Very nice park!

Also there is Elk Neck State Park north of Baltimore on the Chesapeake Bay. I've never stayed there, but the in-laws have been a couple times.

I've heard good things about Elk Neck. The OP could alternate between the two for likely cheaper than $750/month. BUT- it's going to be work moving every 2 weeks.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
ependydad wrote:
Patapsco State Park

This is a great park, right off Rt 40 and Rt 29, just a little south of Rt 70. Its in the woods, there is a river at the bottom of the hill. Very nice park!

Also there is Elk Neck State Park north of Baltimore on the Chesapeake Bay. I've never stayed there, but the in-laws have been a couple times.

Those would be my 2 first options if I was trying to stay near Bodymore, Murderland.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If you try to stay near big cities that's what you'll pay....and more. Start looking at the outskirts of the city. If you're still working is there public transportation you could take - like a commuter train - from an outlying area?
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Why do you want to be stuck in one place? Your camper has wheels.Get out and enjoy the thousands of nice campgrounds in this country.Maryland has some nice state parks as does Pa and West Virginia.Check them out.

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
... In Baltimore, Cherry Hill is a bad place. Maybe the College Park cherry hill is better.

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I keep calling a place called Camp David, but nobody answers the phone.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

L2R
Explorer
Explorer
cherry hill, college park.
nice, quiet and the edge of the metro.
Just checked our bank account, we can retire today if I stop spending money now.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
The problem is land here is at a premium. If you rent an apartment, don't forget to include the cost of storing your RV.

Can you switch back and forth between Patapsco State Park and somewhere else? It would be more work, but you might save a little bit of money. I don't know what Patapsco's rules are.

Otherwise, there is the Capitol KOA. But, I'm betting their monthly rates are similar to what you're seeing.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Merry Meadows. $750.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
When visiting our Daughter on the north side of Baltimore we stay at Merry Meadows in Freeland. We commuted each day for a week but wouldn't want to do it every day for longer than that. They have some neat sites with neat sights in the Flagpole area of the campground. They'll know what you mean.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)