-pork ribs
-beef steaks
-beef roasts

Thanks in advance!!!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...
12 REPLIES 12

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
If you're coming through Michigan can you drop off some pea-meal bacon for us? Maybe some pickled pork too. Wish you could them here in the states. We've made trips to Ontario just to buy some of the items you can't get here. Where we live now though it's over a 100 miles round trip.

B_P
Explorer
Explorer
I called US Customs prior to our crossing into the US from Alberta, this week. Things change periodically so you never know. He said the only meat not allowed was goat and lamb. Basically the only produce was citrus, tomatoes & peppers. (Although there can be some variance province to province)
When we crossed the border the only thing we were asked about was the produce.
Bill/Pat ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 Newmar Dutch Star
2018 Sierra Toad

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
I understand the dilemma, when we go fishing in Canada we load up on fuel in the US, bring our own boats (vs rent), and the legal limit of alcohol. Money is tight. It's a symbiotic relationship I guess. We get good cheap fishing, and Canada gets what money we "have" to spend to enjoy ourselves. Hopefully our fishing group don't boast how if it wasn't for us coming north fishing, half the lodges would be out of business.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
We take the freezer full of beef south with us. However, it is our own beef, raised and fed by us, on our farm! Taste puts even the best steakhouse steaks to shame!

Gruffy
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Az right now. Bacon ends are $1 a pound more then last year. No sales on pork loin so far. Steak is also more then Ottawa.

It does not look like a cheap winter for food. Fennel was $3.59 a pound at Fry's ... got some in Ottawa a week ago for $1.89 per head.

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all, we get our meat here at a considerable difference in price than "snow-bird season pricing" in Florida by the way pea-meal bacon is only sold here in Canada like the poutine and as was mentioned its basically pickles pork loin with a pea-meal coating that is fried in a pan like bacon however for a real twist when its done I sautรฉ' it in a 1/2 cup of vinegar until its evaporated the serve,,ggoood stuff!!!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

Community Alumni
Not applicable
MPI_Mallard wrote:
We want to bring this meat across the border to Florida,

-pea-meal bacon
-reg. bacon
-pork ribs
-beef steaks
-beef roasts

Thanks in advance!!!

No issue with any of those for personal use.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Unless the cost of those meats are half of what it costs to buy them here, why do you bother schlepping meat with you that you can buy here fresh when you arrive? Just curious.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
pea meal bacon is a cured product and therefore allowed. Used to bring it back from Canada all the time. I sorely miss it.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
It is bacon made from the loin. It is covered with corn meal.

It is also called back bacon or Canadian bacon.

D_E_Johnson
Explorer
Explorer
I always take the pea meal bacon, just cannot get it in AZ and Calif. I also take regular bacon, but no beef, I shop in Illinois at the superwalmart on the 2nd travel day. Then stock up with groceries.
Have a good trip to Florida, and a safe one. We are on the road about 7-8 days to Arizona, not in a hurry.
Dona
Dona and Elvin

2010 Dodge Laramie 3500 4x4 Mega cab-in Pearl black/tan
2007 Open Road 359RL3S
2004 Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
I guess you're asking if it's legal...according to this U.S. Customs page, it looks like is- though pork looks a little unclear.... See "Canadian Agricultural Products" about halfway down that page.

That having been said: May I ask what "pea-meal bacon" is????
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien