cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Hampshire and Vermont Recommendations

livelylittlecam
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for great family campground recommendations for Vermont and New Hampshire--pretty open minded about public or private and very open minded about what parts of the states. Planning for a big trip next summer. Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

Best--Jeremy
14 REPLIES 14

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I think if your entertaining the whole family NH might be a better bet. The Cog Railway Mount Washington, Hiking...The flume, The Baby flume, The basin. There's also the Lost River, Cannon Tram 2. In Lincoln NH there's Loon Mountain Adventure park and Whale tales water park.

Also check out Moose Hillock Camping Resort about 40 minutes (give or take) west of Lincoln NH.

Have Fun! :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
bullydogs1 wrote:
If you are into dogs, check out Dog Mountain, the church/sanctuary he built for his dog, (it's near Beech Mt I think and all of 15 minutes from Cabot Cheese factory...my dogs loved it and his artistry is quite unique.

Dog Mountain is in St Johnsbury, VT. Actually about 1/2 hour from Cabot. A great area CG is Sugar Ridge in Danville, VT - about half way from St J to Cabot. Lots to do in VT's Northeast Kingdom.
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
My kids absolutely love kampersville in lake dunmore Vermont. Not a fancy place, but clean and all day activities for the kids. Truely all day. Plus row and paddle boat rentals on the lake
If u look up their website, they still have the 2014 activities and special event weekends scheduel posted and will give u a good idea what to expect for next year. Also one of the few campgrounds that I've been to that has a big enough indoor area to keep the kids occupied on those rainy days. Happy kids = happy dad
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

livelylittlecam
Explorer
Explorer
Great recommendations. Thanks to everyone for chiming in! More recommendations are welcome!

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking for a first class resort with all the amenities, and a place with plenty for the kids AND adults to do, check out Danforth Bay in Freedom, NH.

The place fills up fast for July and August so don't wait too long to make a reservation.

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
If you are into dogs, check out Dog Mountain, the church/sanctuary he built for his dog, (it's near Beech Mt I think and all of 15 minutes from Cabot Cheese factory...my dogs loved it and his artistry is quite unique.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

Mike__Rose
Explorer
Explorer
Quechee KOA Vermont is great. Check out the gorge. Meredith Woods in HN has an indoor pool and Clear Water right across the street is lake front. Great location for exploring the lake region of NH. Danforth Bay is a nice campground and closer to the Maine boarder.
See you on the road!

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
livelylittlecampers.....

Click here to view a journal from our trip to New York, New Hampshire and Vermont in 2007. I hope you get some ideas from the journal that will help with planning your trip. Be safe and make some great memories.

debandi
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Turtle Kraal RV Park a relatively new campground in Alton, New Hampshire last summer. We saw deer in the park too.
John Spear RMCS(SW)USN RET '88
Debra is my 'nagagator'! She tells me where to go.
Enjoying our 2006 Roadtrek Adventurs RS

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Franconia Notch area of New Hampshire is real nice. Check out the Kancumagus Highway as well, some great swimming and rapid shoots in the river.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Danforth Bay is actually in Freedom, NH, but near Ossipee. Great campground. Gives you access to White Mountains and N. Conway area.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Danforth Bay in Ossipee and Mi-Te-Jo's in Milton. Also the Saco River Camping area in North Conway. All three are good for families.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

Mr-MrsPete
Explorer
Explorer
There is also a KOA in Lincoln NH. Near White Mountain National Forest. Beautiful area and lots to do especially with kids.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Quechee-Pine Valley KOA - White River Junction VT. Quechee Gorge nearby.
Don't miss Cabot Cheese Factory and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory in VT.

Beech Hill Campground, Twin Mountain NH.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi