cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New RV Park Reviews website is now online

docj
Explorer
Explorer
The new and improved RV Park Reviews website has gone live. Spend some time exploring it. Additional features will be added over time. Please let us know of any bugs you encounter; we can guarantee there will be some! :B RV Park Reviews
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels
74 REPLIES 74

docj
Explorer
Explorer
SH wrote:
I guess I am the "stick in the mud." So far, I don't like it. Maybe I need to spend more time with it. Not as easy on the eyes for me and the ads are annoying.

I use AdBlock on Chrome; it is available for FireFox also. I never see ads on any site. There were ads on the old RVPR site, but I never saw them.
Sandie & Joel

SH
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I am the "stick in the mud." So far, I don't like it. Maybe I need to spend more time with it. Not as easy on the eyes for me and the ads are annoying.
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

docj
Explorer
Explorer
PotKorn wrote:
I'd like to see the last 10 scores displayed, as they were previously, instead of just the last 5. When I'm scheduling trips, either for myself or for a group, the first thing I like to do is average the past 10 scores to get an idea of whether I even want to consider a campground.

I'm not sure where you're seeing "5" scores". If I do a campground search I get a list of CG's with just the calculated average score displayed (we didn't have an average before). If you look at the listing for a particular park, the average is at the top of the page and all the individual reviews are accessible to you.

Please explain where the "5" issue comes in; it may be a screen I haven't yet explored.
Sandie & Joel

PotKorn
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to see the last 10 scores displayed, as they were previously, instead of just the last 5. When I'm scheduling trips, either for myself or for a group, the first thing I like to do is average the past 10 scores to get an idea of whether I even want to consider a campground.

rware
Explorer
Explorer
For me the new map interface is the key, a real improvement.

However I feel the map is too small, it would be nice if there were some way to increase the size vertically. If I make my browser full, screen I see more of the map horizontally but the vertical size does not change. If you could double the height of the map it would be a lot more useable.
Martin

docj
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
Worked nice

two problems I tried to do a review from March 2014 and date field would not let be go back that far.

Search at the top of the first page does not work IE I put in Redway, Ca

You can't submit reviews for stays more than 6 months old. That was a rule before, but the website didn't automatically reject them (but the admins did if they noticed). Now the website stops the submission.

The search bar will work if you put in just the city name without the state. It will return a list of matching cities. This is probably going to be changed because it is rather unpopular.
Sandie & Joel

GraciesDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
I like that you can click a state on the map and it opens a Google Map with tags for the individual campground as opposed to the "old format" of just a city. From where I'm sitting, I think this'll make planning a bit easier.

The whole interface is much more broad; you can indicate "was this review helpful Yes/No" and applaud each review(er) and it is way easier to read and navigate!! I had to send RVParkReviews a BIIIIG Kudo e-mail to congratulate them on their improvements!
Watch your tail swing... Keep the greasy side down and keep it 'tweeeeeeeeen the ditches, Y'all!

John E. Baker, III & Sally Baker - The Traveling Siblings!
Co-pilots: Llasah Lilly, Brown Daschie Chloe and Tuxedo Foots

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
We use this site a lot when we're traveling. High Five on the new roll out. Well done.
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
Worked nice

two problems I tried to do a review from March 2014 and date field would not let be go back that far.

I know "before" the visit had to be within the last 6 months, I assume that is still true
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think it looks great. I test checked a few campgrounds and found what I was looking for. Probably take a few uses to get totally comfortable,but is a very clean modern website. Good Job!

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Worked nice

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
Great job! It is even more useful than before. Thanks.

docj
Explorer
Explorer
Revconguy wrote:
Nice but I don't trust the reviews. I always had problems getting negative reviews I submitted posted. Positive ones were no problem....

We have thousands of negative reviews posted. Many negative reviews recount a particular incident. All we ask is that all reviews contain information useful to others about the park IN ADDITION to recounting the incident which you are reporting. That way your review is helpful to others even if they don't encounter the same problem you did.
Sandie & Joel

docj
Explorer
Explorer
rware wrote:
docj wrote:
The new and improved RV Park Reviews website has gone live. Spend some time exploring it. Additional features will be added over time. Please let us know of any bugs you encounter; we can guarantee there will be some! :B RV Park Reviews

When I click on that link all I get is "Whoops, looks like something went wrong." Tested with Firefox and IE, same result in both browsers.

It may have been taken down briefly during the night, but it is back up now.
Sandie & Joel

Revconguy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice but I don't trust the reviews. I always had problems getting negative reviews I submitted posted. Positive ones were no problem....