cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ok I want to get out of Ohio for the week

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Well an ice and snow storm is arriving Friday night. I could be on the road heading south in a few hours. Any rv parks open HHI savannah area? I checked red gate and theres no openings.
10 REPLIES 10

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Hey canton folks Iโ€™m 20 min south in Dover. Yea we missed the launch window. Wife would like to spring break in Florida and both trips just wouldnโ€™t be in the cards. Thanks everyone.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Once you hit the middle of Kentucky and Soutward, you'll find almost every campground open for business with their available hook-ups. We travel South in December and again in March, I-75 all the way through Atlanta Georgia, or I-75 to Knoxville, TN, then I-40, then I-26 and Southward through South Carolina. Never had any problems just randomly finding a campsite. All your KOA's will be open with full hook-ups. State Parks are still open too. So, pick your destination and just see what's in the area. Call, make sure they have space available (and are truly open), and then just go!

FYI, Indiana got hit with the ice. It started where I live about 4:00 am, and by 7 am, the snow started. It's truly a treacherous mess right now on the roads. Drive careful and get out of Ohio.... very soon. It's coming your way!

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if it's far enough, but lots of RV parks are still open in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

jamesroadking
Explorer
Explorer
I left North Canton in 1971 and only have gone back to visit in the summertime. I'd suggest instead of head down 95, come down 75 into North Central Florida, there are RV parks in the Lake City Fl. (I 75 and I 10 junction) area that appear to have openings. Then you can either explore the rural gulf coast or the crowded Atlantic coast areas from there.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,m canton ohio the storm is coming from the south.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
ohhell10339 wrote:
Leaving Ohio is a noble goal. Returning, not so much.

LOL amen. However with job and family its home. However when i retire i dont plan on being in ohio from dec 26 to april!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a recent post on Savannah area - things to do and where to stay:

https://wheelingit.us/?s=savannah
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ohhell10339
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving Ohio is a noble goal. Returning, not so much.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Just jump in your rig and head south. do a little adventure to find a place not invaded by snowbirds.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Rain and boredom arrived hear a while back.
Can't leave though ๐Ÿ˜ž