cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Panhandle help

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
If you had five nights this fall to camp and never been to the Panhandle of Florida where would you go and why? We have a 30 ft TT and my DW loves the beach, me I just like to get away but I do love to try new places to eat. Thanks for your help, no substitute for experience.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
8 REPLIES 8

Crawfordville
Explorer
Explorer
I would recommend Top Sail or Grayton. Top sail has more spots so it might be easier to get into. I like the Top Sail/Grayton beach area because it is easy to access entertainment of all kinds. But the beach is there as well. My third favorite is St. George Island.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I would recommend Grayton Bch SP as it has a FHU loop and is strategically placed between Panama City Bch and Destin, both of which offer endless good dining within a short drive.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Ochlockonee River State Park: Very quiet rural setting on the beautiful Ochlockonee River. Many campsites are on the river. Tranquil hiking trails, a swimming area, boat and canoe launch area (rental canoes/kayaks available), lots of deer and white squirrels. Some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets ever. 45 miles from Florida' Capitol with lots of historic building, museums, etc. 10 miles to white sand beaches at Alligator Point, Bald Point State Park, 17 miles to beaches at Carrabelle. Bordered by the St Marks National Wildlife Refuge, more miles of trails and lots of great wildlife. Near Tate's Hell State Forest, more great backroads and wildlife viewing . Near Wakulla Springs State Park, wildlife cruises on the worlds largest freshwater spring. Close to Leon Sinks Geological Area with trails to fascinating "sinks" and springs. Near Natural Bridge State Historic Area on the headwaters of the St Marks River. Lots of designated and improved hiking/biking trails, many rivers to paddle. 45 minutes to Apalachicola..quaint community with lots of history, shopping, and restaurants. Lots and lots of seafood restaurants serving seafood that slept in the ocean last night at reasonable prices. Not yet found by tourist. Need I say more? lizzie

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Emerald Beach in Navarre is right on Santa Rosa sound and is a couple of minute drive to the most pristine beaches I've ever seen. My grandson and I ride our bikes from the RV park to the beach it's so close.

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Ft Pickens is our favorite. Walk across the road to the beach. Great place to ride bikes.

Some people don't care for it, but I love to eat at Peg Leg Petes.

Also check to see if the Blue Angels are having a practice while you're there. This is free and they have a great museum.

We also stayed at St Andrews this summer and it was nice but you have to drive to the beach so I didn't care for that.

Have a great time!

iawoody2
Explorer
Explorer
St. Andrews State Park in Panama City Beach.

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
If you are going for the beach then try St George or St. Joseph State Parks. Also Fort Pickens in Pensacola Beach is really good. If you also need shopping and restaurants then try to get into Henderson State Park in Destin.
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grayton Beach is well known, Top Sail SP seems to be a favorite tho.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper