cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,571 REPLIES 3,571

Robag
Explorer
Explorer
Theodore Roosevelt National Park South Unit July 2008

DW - Leslie, DS - Anthony, DS - Zachery

Me(68), DW(70), DS(96), DS(98), Savage The Dog (04)
21 WOLF PUP 16FQBL

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Canuck Mike E. - super nice post - thanks for sharing and the great descriptions.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

stroz4
Explorer
Explorer
very nice pictures.
2008 F-350 V10 4x4
2003 palomino 1000
Retired U.S.Army

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Excerpts from our Vancouver, BC to Ottawa and back trip, with many miles put on through the US - gotta' love your gas prices (when compared to "up here").

NorWest RV Park, North Bend, WA. Probably 97% full-timers. Pretty narrow spot, but it did for the night.

Nugget RV Park, St. Regis MT. Super nice owners. Great facilities. Looks like they're still working their tails off to improve what is already a wonderful place. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Yellowstone River RV Park, Billings, MT. Immaculate grounds. Kids loved the pool (although they closed it 3 hours early:R). Strange site set-up because if positioned improperly, you and your neighbour (sharing the same pad) could open your doors into each other. Good for the night.

Rafter J Bar Ranch, Hill City SD. Beautiful grounds - expansive would be the word for it. Huge pool for the kids. Definitely could use another set of washrooms/showers out "in the sticks" though. Great spot to go see the local sights from.

Sioux Falls SD KOA. Kinda' crammed in there. Nice pool/laundry, and they had a $.25 ice cream sundae get together which was cool. Left in the morning with a thunderstorm that had me thinking about pulling over - 50MPH/wipers on high/150 feet visibility. We were on the road early, so there weren't many folks on the road so we plowed through it.

Holiday Shores, Wisconsin Dells, WI. What a resort town!! CG was a bit out of town so we enjoyed the river and the pool there. Nice folks and good place to stay. Sorry about the "butt" shot...I think she does it on purpose so she has some material to burn to DVD...sigh

Markin Glen Park, Kalamazoo, MI. What a gem!! Fully paved pads with grass section and fire pit. Wonderful lake for swimming and walking the dog around. Oldest son locked the keys in the trailer, so it was a good thing that littlest brother could be inserted through a side window (minimal damage to screen):R

Off to Canada for a wedding. Will be right back....

Summer Breeze CG, Iron Mountain, MI. Again, super nice owners. I think he spent any time not working on his CG to cruise around on his golf cart and talk to folks. Family run affair, so the CG was definitely set up for kids. Ours hit the pool and we finished the day with a boys dusk football game - "didn't know you had moves, Dad?!" Well, I had one and they quickly figured it out..haha.

Royal Oaks RV Park, Bemidji, MN. Very nice CG. Seems to be a bit of a well kept secret as everyone I spoke to said that they'd been coming there for years. Just off the Hwy, but no noise bothered us. Some fellow Canucks got the last site next to us so we were able to speak in our native tongue...........kidding:B

Back up to Canada we went from here and made it home with lots of great memories and an extra 11,514Km on the odometer.

Cheers,

Mike

stroz4
Explorer
Explorer
Great Pictures!
2008 F-350 V10 4x4
2003 palomino 1000
Retired U.S.Army

lvthemts
Explorer
Explorer
These pics are from the campground at FDR state Park in Pine Mountain GA. The campground is nice and wooded with hiking trails from the campground. There are canoe rentals too (we didn't do that). This is very close to Callaway gardens. We checked in on a Saturday and this site was available. Normally we wouldn't take a pull-thru site for a tent - but it wasn't crowded and we paid for a large site. There was a stream right behind the site and a bridge and hiking trail. Maybe it wasn't taken because people didn't want to be by foot traffic - but we were there on a quiet weekend.

2009 KZ Spree 318BHS, Equalizer, Prodigy P3
2005 2500 Suburban, 8.0L/4.10 rear, 2wd

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
camperfool wrote:
Up north Michigan trip on 8-09-09 to Tawas Point State Park site 197 electric only. Backs up to the dunes on Lake Huron.

Great Photos! Thanks for sharing.
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
cpeters wrote:
Here's a few pics of my trip to Lebanon Ohio (August 12-16, 2009):

http://www.hometownsitedesign.com/cedarbrook200908.html

Thanks for sharing your link...I really enjoyed all the photos from various camp-outs you have.
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

camperfool
Explorer
Explorer
Up north Michigan trip on 8-09-09 to Tawas Point State Park site 197 electric only. Backs up to the dunes on Lake Huron.
Made reservation back in February. Tough to get the sites closest to the lake. One can walk from campsite to the beach.
The weather was perfect with water temperature around 65 degree's. Very refreshing since the air temps were in the upper 80's.

View from light house to Tawas Bay

One of the most photographed light houses in Michigan is at Tawas Point State Park.

Next stop Rifle River recreation area in Lupton Michigan. We stayed at the ranch rustic campground and used the solar panel.
What a great time on the river. Site backed up to the Rifle river.

Lot 152

The river was our view with many canoe trips passing by.

View from the road

My son and I enjoyed the river to cool off.
2006 Keystone Laredo 32RS 5th wheel
Front bunks/rear bedroom
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 8.1 gas guzzler
300 watt solar panels/ solar water heater
dispersed camper enjoying Gods creation

cpeters
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a few pics of my trip to Lebanon Ohio (August 12-16, 2009):

http://www.hometownsitedesign.com/cedarbrook200908.html

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
Refugio State Beach north of Santa Barbara Ca.

Brown Pelican diving for dinner.

Linda B.
Our Blog
2009 29' Fleetwood, Fiesta V10 - The Little Bus
2008 Saturn Vue (Toad)with US Gear UBS
& Demco baseplate and tow bar.
FMCA# F412985
Traveling with Robin(friend)& Buddee(cavalier)

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
Red Feathers Lakes, CO....boon-docking in Aug. 2009:

To view more photos of this area and our camp-out...click the link below:
MORE PHOTOS--CLICK HERE:
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

CampingBugs
Explorer
Explorer
5S Dude wrote:
At our favorite beach siteโ€ฆ

WOW.. Beautifl site and view!! Love it. Where is this at.. and what site number? :B LOL
SAFE & HAPPY TRAVELS! :B
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The 'Bug' Family
----
Carolyn & John

2006 Fleetwood Utah
2003 Chevy Tahoe
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Map shows States camped in*

5S_Dude
Explorer
Explorer
At our favorite beach siteโ€ฆ

Pat___Karen
Explorer
Explorer
Hatteras Sands CG Cape Hatteras, NC Site A-C-2. This is a great family owned and operated camp ground. The sad thing is they are trying to sell it. It may not be around next year. Hope things turn around.

The pool

The bath house

The office and clubhouse

The canal

Water and Electric sites near the pool
17 Ram 3500 SLT Big Horn CCLB CTD 6 speed auto
17 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
63 DH Fire Fighter 33 years
63 DW 1st Grade Teacher 12 years
95 DD Equestrian 10 years
2005 Ddog
2013 Other Ddog