cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park Reviews

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
How many of you read and use the reviews on a park? To decide witch one to stay at when planning a trip. I try to use reviews and photos to make my decision. I am just curious who dose this and what else do you do? And do you post reviews?
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog
37 REPLIES 37

RollinFreenEasy
Explorer
Explorer
We consistantly use rvparkreview.com and have not had any unexpected surprises. We tend to look for the nicer parks, but have on occassion had to overnight in a poorly rated park, again with no surprises.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a single RVer that requires at least electric for medical equipment. I drive a 'C' and pull a Jeep Wrangler 4 down. So I seek out parks that have a minimum of pull thru sites with cable TV and 30A electric. Laundry facilities are a bonus. For those reasons I usually stay at KOAs. If they have a pool or other activities for kids I ask for a space away from those simply because I won't be using them and families will. If I'm staying for a week or more to tour the area I'm gone all day anyway.
RV Park Reviews answers those questions for me or usually has a listed phone number.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I fulltime and always use rvparkreviews. If a place consistently gets good reviews, I'm all in. Been fulltiming for 2 years now and it has not let me down.

sammytoo
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
The site many of us use http://www.rvparkreviews.com/. When looking at the reviews, read "between the lines". That is if you see 10 good reviews and one bad one, what were they complaining about? Do the complaints seem realistic or where their expectations too high?

We typically will not stay at any place that's not rated at least 8 or above. 7 is rated as "good" but we've found through experience that 7 really means mediocre.

Yes, I've posted reviews. I figure people helped me out by posting, I return the favor.

We use RV Park reviews also but in IMHO it's a mistake to be guided by the rating #. We've stayed in 10's that we won't go back to and 6's that we loved. I thinks you need to read the review to get a feel for what you're getting into. Of course everybodies tastes and wants and needs are different.

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Wow thanks everyone I didn't expect such a response !!!!!!!! It sounds like we all do about the same. My question was more geared to all reviews like yelp, google, ECT. not just rvreview but it looks like we use reviews as a tool. Some of the real low reviews are funny to read like the rain one some people have no clue!!!! Once again thank you
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I always use it, but I read the reviews, not just the look at the numbers - because people are going to like what I dislike, and visa-versa.

Some people complain when an RV park has too many rules - to me that says it is probably a well maintained place that does not allow rowdy visitors to ruin other people's peace (but I also look for hard examples). I once saw a bad review from someone who complained that trees blocked his satellite TV.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, I use Rvparkreviews a lot, it's kind of like olympic event scoring, throw out the high & the low then go by whats left.
You have to ignore some reviews, like the lady that gave a park a 1 because it rained most of their stay, how dare a park allow it to rain. :R
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
I have my own criteria for choosing campgrounds. Location, easy access, FHU, large sites and fairly open for my satellite. We never read reviews.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
Reviews are a tool that can be helpful

Exactly ^^^^
Take reviews with a grain of salt they can be useful but are not foolproof.
At some point a new park is all part of the RV adventure.

Yes.. I definitely use them for input. But it isn't the final word. I recently stayed in a Passport RV park with 4 (out of 10) star reviews. Mainly chosen for location for overnight stay. Complaints in reviews were the restrooms, only water/electric, older park, and others. For my purposes it was fine. Only needed electric for the night, don't tend to use the restrooms, it had very large, wide, quiet, grassy pull throughs. And about $20 per night. Personally liked it better than some of the crammed asphalt snowbird parks nearby..which had higher reviews-and a different purpose.

Where I appreciate the reviews the most is when I don't have time to check something out..such as a long grueling day of travel. I just want to pull in somewhere with no hassle. RV park reviews has been very helpful..

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, another thing. I always grade a place not on how MANY amenities they have but how well they do with what they advertise.

I start at RVPR, then link to the RV park website. We don't want or need lots of frills; just clean FHU. Hot tub is nice if we are at a place where we will be hiking. And dog park / place to walk the dog. That is all we need.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
We use rvparkreviews and Good Sam. Yes, read carefully. Sometimes, an unhappy dog owner may down grade a park because they do not have any grass for their dog to run around in. We travel a lot in the Southwest--not much grass anywhere. So don't expect much. Always look at the park website for photos of spaces. Then use your own judgement.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
fla-gypsy wrote:
Reviews are a tool that can be helpful

Exactly ^^^^
Take reviews with a grain of salt they can be useful but are not foolproof.
At some point a new park is all part of the RV adventure.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
We never use it in deciding where to go. One of our goals in traveling is try to get to as many new-to-us public campgrounds as possible. Yeap, we've run into a dud or two - if that's case, one night is enough and we move on.

I have left a few reviews on rvparkreviews if I find ones that they don't have yet.

WxToad
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

Gottahaveit
RVPark reviews is my go to place when planning a trip. Gives a great idea of the Parks as well as the nearby towns with Parks that maybe a better option for a stop over when traveling. All reviews taken with a grain of salt if negative for sure.
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited