cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Antonio TX RV Park?

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are going to San Antonio the first of June, and need advice on a good campground for a few days.
Thanks, Gary
11 REPLIES 11

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. We are regulars at Traveler's World. Nice rv park. Currently being purchased (was owned by Carefree resorts). Not sure what impact the new purchaser will have on the park yet. One word of caution for Traveler's World especially: LOCK UP YOUR BICYCLES. They now have a security guard on a golf cart, which is now helping the situation. You can have stuff stolen anywhere, but there used to be late night visitors coming into the park and permanently borrowing bicycles.

Linda_VA2
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Travelers World. It was great. The bus picks you up right across the road from the campground. Easy to get to the city.

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at both; the KOA last month and Traveler's World gets my vote.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks so much for the replies, and since we are KOA members, will probably go there.

houtrz
Explorer
Explorer
I too have stayed at the KOA and recommend it.

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at the KOA on Grembler for 2 or 3 days back in 2014. It was good, and convenient. Bus line out front was really great. Cheap way to get downtown with no parking problems.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from the San Antonio Fiesta and enjoyed the KOA. The bus stop is so convenient. We used it everyday. We would stay there again.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
We love the KOA on Gembler Road and we've stayed there several times. It's easy to get into and out of. Our favorite feature is the city has a bus stop right in front of the park. For less than $2, you can catch the bus and it will take you right to the River Walk/Alamo area. No worries about trying to park downtown or having a cool adult beverage. Once you're done, you can ride back and get dropped off right at the front door of the park.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Travelers World RV Resort gets our vote.
They did have a lady that came to our RV and walked and fed our dog while we took an al day tour. By the way the tour picked us up at Travelers World RV Resort.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA gets good reviews too. There are some new parks but no shade. KOA has trees so if you need satellite you should make reservations and ask for a satellite friendly site. They have cable but limited channels. Should get plenty of local channels tho.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed at Travelers World RV Resort 3-4 yrs ago and would again. Gets good reviews on rvparkreviews.com. Street in front goes directly downtown and the Riverwalk and is an easy drive. Had no problem parking my F350 CC long bed in street level pay parking lot one block from Riverwalk. Or, there is a bus stop directly in front of the RV park where you can catch a bus downtown.

One of the better restored missions is only a few blocks south of the park. And a Walmart a few blocks south of that. :B

Don't use E Southcross Blvd from I-37 to get there. Bad rail crossing with steep up/down.