cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Savannah Ga camping

WV_Wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Any suggestions for nice pet friendly campground near Savannah Ga. Want to spend a week enjoying all that Savannah has to offer.
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7, Auto 6sd, Prodigy 2 brake control,
Reese dual cam WDH with 1200lb bars.
2008 28ft Dutchman Classic with 20ft slide.
2016 25ft.Ventura Sporttrek
13 REPLIES 13

charming
Explorer
Explorer
Wrapping up an 11 night stay at Skidaway. We head home tomorrow. Our second visit to the park and it was another great visit. The sites are large and have lots of trees. Easy bike ride to the grocery and a very bumpy bike/hiking trail plus a couple of walking trails. Plenty of road to ride bikes in the campground.

We enjoy the location, it is much easier to access from I-95 now that they have completed 204. It is an easy ride up to Savannah, easy ride over to Tybee Island. We park at the visitor's center for the day and ride the free bus through the popular areas. Parking is $4 a day.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

Campincarters
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Camp Lake Jasper and at River's End on Tybee Island. Enjoyed them both. Used uber to get in and out.
2017 Forester 3011DS
naugatuck, Connecticut

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
We've stayed at Red Gate the past couple of times. Very nice setting, very quiet and very close to the city. I highly recommend it! Never stayed at Skidaway, it just seems further away to me...

x2 on red gate.

one of our top 5 favorite parks anywhere.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
If you stay at Skidaway or Fort McAllister this time of the year, be ready to be carted away by no-seeums.

Aadkins101
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Savannah South KOA in Richmond Hill, GA. Just a short drive to Savannah. Clean, dog friendly and next to a lake where several beautiful swan couples make their home.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've stayed at Red Gate the past couple of times. Very nice setting, very quiet and very close to the city. I highly recommend it! Never stayed at Skidaway, it just seems further away to me...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
X3 on Skidaway Island state park, we just returned from 4 days at Skidaway and were very impressed with both the park and Savannah.

I remember the reservation system seemed to indicate the park as full but Monday thru Friday there were always empty sites.

Give the park a call if you can't get the dates reserved you want, Skidaway is great.
Keith

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
Hardeville RV Park (SC) is PPA and a short easy drive into Savannah. No frills CG, pet friendly.

mlburst
Explorer
Explorer
You can check Camp Lake Jasper - nice park and short drive into Savannah
Mike & Joanna
Myrtle Beach SC/Port Charlotte FL
"Any-timers" since Dec 2010
2010 Heartland Sundance 2900MK
2012 Ford F250 Lariat King Ranch CC 6.7L Diesel
Heartland Owners Club #1452
Escapees #99187

912ksufan
Explorer
Explorer
Skidaway SP and Redgate Farms are the closest to downtown. Both have been full for last minute reservations. CreekFire Rv and Ft. Mcallister SP are both outside of savannah but also have the same issues of being full for last minute reservations. All have online reservation systems so you can check before you call. There are a few others in the area that are more run down so would need to check with them.

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
If your stay will involve a weekend, I suggest you try to make reservations soon. I looked at the date availability and there isn't much.

We are in the Savanah area now and had a hard time finding a spot. All the places with good RV Park Reviews were full.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto Skidaway.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Skidaway Island State Park would be my choice.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog