cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shawdirect in Yuma this winter

Ezlife55
Explorer
Explorer
We brought down two old non hd receivers and the Essential 600 HD receiver.
The old receivers (205 and 305) work perfectly. The hd receiver generally works but always has a few random stations which do not come in. It displays a message that 'signal has been lost, plse wait'.

However the signal never does come in. More curious, the missing channels are different every day.

We gave up on the hd receiver and are using the old ones.

I am wondering if anyone else has this problem and if anyone knows the solution. thx
10 REPLIES 10

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
roy67ss wrote:
You will only receive channels that are on the 107 and 111 degree satellites whether you use the triple or double lnb and any receiver if you are more than a couple hundred miles south of the 49th. I'm surprised that the 600 series may work as far as southern Oregon.
I live 500km (300 miles) south of the 49th and get 98 signal strength on the 3rd sat. 🙂

roy67ss
Explorer
Explorer
You will only receive channels that are on the 107 and 111 degree satellites whether you use the triple or double lnb and any receiver if you are more than a couple hundred miles south of the 49th. I'm surprised that the 600 series may work as far as southern Oregon.
Roy

2011 GMC 3500, Duramax, Allison
2008 HitchHiker LS 29.5 FKTG with most options

mamestra
Explorer
Explorer
I think that part of the problem may be that the channels where you get the error message is on the third satellite, it's footprint only extends down to the end of Oregon. I get the same message on my 630 when it tries to tune to a channel on the third satellite.
2007 Dodge 3500 Quad 6.7 L Cummins
2012 Montana 3750FL
My mind keeps writing checks my body won't cash.

Ezlife55
Explorer
Explorer
Thx for the replies. Couple things
-Prior to this year we got good green signal strength with the HD receiver in Yuma. This year, we could only get as high as yellow 72 on the hd receiver and never green though the old receivers showed green strength signal.

-Both at home and in the rv we have the old LNB's. For some reason, perhaps searching for the 3rd sat., the hd receiver, which had the online update from SD this summer, works perfectly at home but not in Yuma.

bodro
Explorer
Explorer
question...are you using a new LNB or the old LNB? Your receivers have to match the LNB. Last year, I had a new LNB on my house but on my park model, I had an old LNB...this will not work. The receiver has to be tweaked once a new LNB is installed. Right now in Yuma, I am getting a signal strength of 90%+ with the large 75cm dish. With the small dish, HD can be a problem. The channel menu is different here as the first 30 or so channels are not available but, you can get them up higher in the channel range but it may not be in HD.

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
Do a double check on your alignment.

kregli
Explorer
Explorer
I sometimes get that behavior with a DirecTV receiver. I find rebooting the receiver clears up the problem for a while. Seems to have nothing to do with the antenna pointing in my case. Worth a try.
Keith
2015 Grand Design Momentum 388m
2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
We were just in Yuma, we have a 630 PVR and we didn't have a problem getting HD channels, but I didn't check the channels that use the new third sat that is ranged so you can't get signals south of the US/Canada border. I have an automatic Winegard dish.

We tried to help a fellow Canadian friend in Yuma with a tripod, he had two receivers and couldn't get HD channels either. We tried better aiming (got a 92 SS) and changed the LNB without success. One theory, it may be the aiming process with the tripod (thinking that we hit the wrong sat, Shaw's 2 sats are only 4 degrees apart). The other possibility is that some receivers are programmed to look for the HD channels off the new sat, I noted that our friend's channel mapping was different than ours.

bobfrombc
Explorer
Explorer
FOR 2ND YEAR AM USING 600HD RECEIVER
AND 36 DISH WITH NEW TRIPLE LNB.
NO PROBLEMS.
ALL CHANNELS I GET AT HOME I GET HERE
BUT AM ON BASIC HD CHANNEL SUBSCRIPTION ONLY.
ONCE IN A WHILE I GET A WAVY PICTURE LIKE I MIGHT LOOSE
SIGNAL FOR THAT CHANNEL BUT THATS ALL.
NO PROBLEMS.
FINE TUNE YOUR DISH TO GET IN THE GREEN SIGNAL STRENGTH.
GOOD LUCK

Flyboy320
Explorer
Explorer
Dishpointer.com will give you the siting info you need. We too have the same thing over here in Casa Grande. Just need to fine tune , which I haven`t done yet!! It`s only the wife`s channels/programs.... LOL.......I`ll get to it as it`s on my to do list but near the bottom!!!!