cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sidewinder Road

Firstep1
Explorer
Explorer
I need some help on identifying a spot on Sidewinder Road that is west of Yuma, AZ in California. The spot that I am referring to is about 2 or 3 miles north of Interstate 8 & on the Left hand side. It consists of a series of circles and paths leading to a monument with a small statue on top as well four or five similar statues on the outer edges. I have checked around but come up empty on what it is. So anyone out there that can fill in the blanks for me I say thank you. Fred

Lethbridge, Alberta

God made a few good heads, the rest he put hair on.

10 REPLIES 10

BillAnn_C
Explorer
Explorer
Firstep1 wrote:
According to a local who lives on sidewinder not far from the site says it is a mystery to him also. He says that he has seen people working at the site but has not talked to them. The land that was for sale is not for sale any longer and the owner also has no idea also (or so he says) but he states who ever it is the are not harming anything so let them be.

Really good attitude.

Firstep1
Explorer
Explorer
According to a local who lives on sidewinder not far from the site says it is a mystery to him also. He says that he has seen people working at the site but has not talked to them. The land that was for sale is not for sale any longer and the owner also has no idea also (or so he says) but he states who ever it is the are not harming anything so let them be.

Lethbridge, Alberta

God made a few good heads, the rest he put hair on.

BillAnn_C
Explorer
Explorer
It is an interesting place. Last year there was a 'For Sale' sign located fairly near to the shrine (?). We have not been out there this year yet.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
The footprint of a old earthhouse maybe?
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

mamestra
Explorer
Explorer
We have done a geocache at this site, the owner of the cache thinks that it is a Mexican shrine. We too have wondered about it's origin, it certainly isn't part of Center of the World.
2007 Dodge 3500 Quad 6.7 L Cummins
2012 Montana 3750FL
My mind keeps writing checks my body won't cash.

Ultralife
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like the remnants of an old military establishment.
Where you are is where your at!

2002 Beaver Monterey 38' DP 330HP Cat
2002 New Beetle "Silver Bullet" Turbo Sport (Manual 5-speed)
Blue OX tow bar and base plate

Who says AZ summers are hot???

Don and Pat

hugemoth
Explorer
Explorer
I've met Felicity and she's one strange lady.

bcsdguy
Explorer
Explorer
This may be a future addition to the "Center of the World" monument in Felicity, AZ. As a matter of interest to anyone in the area in Feb, 2014, there is supposed to be a dedication ceremony: The History of the United States of America Dedication is on Washington's Birthday 2014. It is an interesting, kind of bizarre, monument supported by the U.S. for $1 a year. Apparently, there are twenty $1 un-cashed checks on site.
No person is completely worthless ... one can always serve as a bad example.

aauummm
Explorer
Explorer
Firstep1 wrote:
I need some help on identifying a spot on Sidewinder Road that is west of Yuma, AZ in California. The spot that I am referring to is about 2 or 3 miles north of Interstate 8 & on the Left hand side. It consists of a series of circles and paths leading to a monument with a small statue on top as well four or five similar statues on the outer edges. I have checked around but come up empty on what it is. So anyone out there that can fill in the blanks for me I say thank you. Fred

In checking it out on Google Earth there appears to be a circular structure with paths that is located about 2 miles north of I-8 on Sidewinder Rd. and to the west of Sidewinder Rd. about 350'. There is no street view on Google Earth for that site, so I can't tell what it is, but it is intriguing.
2010 Itasca Sunova 33C, Kelderman Air Suspension System
Roadmaster HD rear swaybar, Safe-T-Plus, Blue-Ox Tow bar
2011 Honda CRV toad
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon toad
two cats and the wife

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
The center of the Universe. Felicity?
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC