Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Great RV Escapes

Has anyone stayed at, or know of any RV park that honors the 50% discount this company offers? I keep getting e-mails from them and I have called to ask questions, but only get recordings. I fully expect it to be a scam, but thought I would see if an...

Grand Canyon Camper Village

Well, we spent so much time deciding on our route that we can not get into Grand Canyon Trailer Village for all of the dates that we want. We are traveling in May, from Indiana, with 9 kids and a dog. We put in a reservation request for Grand Canyo...

Moab Utah Campgrounds

We will leave the north west part of New Mexico and be in the Moab area mid September, 2014. We plan to see Canyonland, Arches, and Dead Horse Point or other parks you might recommend. Does anyone have a recommendation for a campground with full hook...

early retirement?

Hello,My wife and I are almost 50, she's getting really sick of the rat race. She's been working fulltime since she was 16 and I've been working since I was 19.We already have a destination trailer a bit southwest of Brainerd, MN, outside of Garrison...

best Quartzsite area to boondock

Which area/place would get the most votes to boondock in the Quartzsite area and why.1. Plomosa Road2. Dome Rock Mountain3. Road Runner4. Hi Jolly (busiest and stays mostly full)

Park in South Central Florida

We are looking to snowbird in south central Florida. We have a 25' travel trailer. Normally we camp in state park or Corp of Engineers parks. So we like trees name pretty views. Not interested in large parks where the sites are close together. We wo...

Campgrounds near Olympia WA?

A close relative will be in the hospital in Olympia for a week recovering from surgery and my wife and I are considering taking our trailer down there to stay in for several days.While I am a WA resident, I am completely unfamilar with the Olympia ar...

Wrace by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Ohiopyle State Park?

We are thinking of hitting Laurel Caverns and doing some rafting/tubing etc.. Ohiopyle state park seems to be in the center of the action. Has anyone been to it? good/bad? Any recommendations on sites? We have a 35ft fiver and need an electric site.

Spring Break..Where Is It Warm Close to Missouri??

We recently purchased a new Cougar Fifth Wheel...327RES and can't wait to get to use it! Here is our dilemma...we live in Central Missouri and will make our maiden voyage over Spring Break at the end of March. We would like to stay as close as possib...

Help plan our week in Moab, UT

This will be our first trip to the Moab area. My wife and I and our 2 Corgis will be spending 7 days in Moab in mid September. We are not quite retirement age (62) and enjoy short walks or scenic drives with or without the puppies. A scenic drive wit...

dverstra by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Nashville, then Memphis, then Vicksburg

DH and I (just recently retired!!!) are planning a trip this June (3 weeks or so) to NC (Asheville) Tennessee (Nashville and Memphis), then down the Mississippi River towards Vicksburg, Ms. (No New Orleans this trip!!!) Will be in a 32' Class A wit...

My Grand Canyon South Rim Video

A while back I put together a video of my favorite images of the Grand Canyon South Rim. It really is nice when you want 8 minutes of "quiet time." It is a YouTube done on ProShow Gold with music by Enya and Bill Douglas.It is in two parts which ...

Lauren by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Fort Boonesborough State Park - KY

Wife and I have fallen in-love again with the old 1960's television show "Daniel Boone." We've been watching it on over-the-air television. OK, I'm showing my age here, we both watch this as kids, and surprisingly, still love the show.On our way back...