Any of you 'birds getting anxious to return home? :B
29 REPLIES 29

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
NOPE! Won't be heading home till May 1st. :B
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

Mootpoint
Explorer
Explorer
As Canadians we have no choice, insurance runs out.
Admittedly I would like to get home to see the family and friends but it is hard to leave the family we have made here in So.Cal.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Apparently some have the urge. Here at the gulf coast we have 1 couple that left last weekend and 2 leaving Sunday and 3 more next Thursday. All heading north wanting to go home. Not us - we are staying here for at least another month - too cold to go north!

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Are you nuts??? It will be a couple of months yet.
pawatt

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
-19 at home last night. Couldn't get my 5er up my driveway, even if my life depended on it.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Ww leave Casa Grande, AZ March 20 and plan on being back at our home base in Reno the end of the month.

Early May we head to the Midwest for the summer to visit family & friends then it's the northern route back West for a month on the Oregon coast in September.

Back to Reno then for a bit before returning to Casa Grande in December for the winter.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

DaSu
Explorer
Explorer
Words of warning : If your thinking about leaving to come home soon and you have the opportunity to stay south with no complications , STAY. It is ugly up here . Very much snow on the ground yet . Our Whitetail deer are up to their bellies in the standing snow. Life is Good.
2005 F250 6.0 Power Stroke SRW Crew Cab
2006 33'Jayco Eagle
"Life is Good"

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Stay South Snow Birds! Indiana is getting another 6 inches of snow on Sunday! If we get the 6 inches, we will have hit a new record for the most snow in the year ... EVER since weather has been recorded. Stay away! Enjoy your lap of luxury ... AND warmth!

mamestra
Explorer
Explorer
No, it's still snowing back there, we'll wait a month before even thinking about it.
2007 Dodge 3500 Quad 6.7 L Cummins
2012 Montana 3750FL
My mind keeps writing checks my body won't cash.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving next week, but won't be back north till April. Never understand why some mobile RV snowbirds feel they have to rush down, sit in one spot, then rush back. Being on the road, seeing new things and exploring is the best part of snow birding for us.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
As long as our kids up north keep reporting they're shivering and shoveling, we're quite content to stay in Florida. Maybe towards the end of March we'll head out and slowly work our way north.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Leaving in 3 weeks, not anxious to leave our friends here in Myrtle Beach but very anxious to see our granddaughter who will be 1 year old at the end of March.

ronfisherman
You got be kidding. 82 in the RGV. 10 back home. May start home by end of April.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

You'll freeze your RV off up here. :BIt was below 20 degrees in DC last night. Personally, I'd stay put. JMO.

guthriez
Explorer
Explorer
No.
No.
Ask me in a month.
The Guthaways
2008 Palomino Gazelle
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel