cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sombrero Beach Marathon FL

mguay
Explorer
Explorer
Have you been to Sombrero Beach? Next month during our annual trip to The Keys, we are taking an extra day to see some of the things in the Upper Keys that we normally drive by. Is there RV parking at Sombrero Beach? I have been to the City of Marathon website and there is no RV info.

Thanx for your help!
2007 Volvo VNL 780 D12/Ultra Shift Singled
2017 Smart Fortwo Prime Cabrio
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3715FB
5 REPLIES 5

mguay
Explorer
Explorer
Thanx for the responses.....I always forget about Google Maps Street view! I was just looking for a quick stop to have a look. Yes we have reservations for the last 2 weeks of March....which we made last March ๐Ÿ™‚
2007 Volvo VNL 780 D12/Ultra Shift Singled
2017 Smart Fortwo Prime Cabrio
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3715FB

footslogger
Explorer
Explorer
There is no dedicated RV parking at Sombrero Beach. All the parking spaces are angle parking designed for automobiles, although you might be able to squeeze a small Class C into one of those spaces. If you are determined, you might arrive early before the spaces fill and park in a parallel manner, taking up multiple spaces. I have seen that happen there.

Exiting might be a problem. There is a loop at the end of the road. Depending on your over-all length, that loop could be a challenge.

Here is an aerial view. Note the Class A parallel parked.

If you paddle, there is an excellent route through the mangrove tunnels on Boot Key. Put in at the end of the loop road and paddle up Sister Creek.

footslogger
currently at Long Key SP
footslogger

2004 Country Coach Allure 33' Cummins 370HP ISL
400 Watt Solar Array M&G Braking System
2003 Honda Element (and as many canoes as I can carry!)

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are parking places all along the road when you get there.
Just don't bring a RV. They are only big enough for cars and pickup trucks. On the weekends and long weekends it is usually pretty crowded
We launch our kayaks at the end of the beach off and on all winter long and paddle in the mangrove tunnels of Boot Key.
Don't expect it to be like the large Atlantic beaches that are up and down the East coast.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

LindaD
Explorer
Explorer
We were at Sombrero Beach in Marathon recently, don't remember seeing any RVs there at the time but I just looked at a Google street view and there was a Class C parked in the parking lot. Close by there is a marina and saw some RVs parked there. Pretty beach, nice shaded areas with picnic benches, dogs allowed and there was an adjacent creek where we saw manatees. Enjoy!

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
We spent a whole week at Marathon last summer and I never saw a Sombrero beach. I think it may be a city park (looking at google). One thing you can be sure of: you aren't getting into any state parks to camp if you plan to go next month. Unless you find a cancellation. We have reservations for a week at the end of March ourselves on Marathon at a commercial park.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper